21 | I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE;

I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY;

Jisung remembers the sheer amount of terror that consumed every fiber of his being when he realized that Esme was having an allergic reaction to the small piece of candy she ate. His eyes had blown wide, threatening to strike with tears as he watched his daughter try to say that she can't breathe. She was also itching at her skin where large blotches of red started to sprout; more-so on her chest and face than anywhere else. And his lips that once spewed belts of laughter when joking around with Felix minutes prior, now screamed thousands of questions at Tzuyu—asking what happened, and what she ate. At first she wasn't any help, fear striking her as well so she only kept stumbling over her sentences. But then she finally spotted the wrapper that Esme ate the chocolate treat from, handing it to the blonde with a shaky hand. And as Jisung glared at the familiar candy brand, he didn't hesitate to crumble the thin paper within his palm; to which Tzuyu then felt the need to apologize profusely for, saying that she didn't know that Esme was allergic. She even stated that she never would have allowed her to eat it if she knew.

Jisung understood, which is why he wasn't mad. He was in fact more worried for his daughter—so he didn't bother replying to the choked sobs the woman let out from guilt. He instead just lifted the suffering little girl into his arms, shouting that they needed to get to the hospital immediately. He rushed for Hyunjin to get the keys to his car, growing impatient when Esme began to gasp for air and claim that she was getting a little too hot. Her agonizing pain twisted at Jisung's heart, finally forcing him to free the few tears that brimmed his eyes. And he couldn't do much to help her but explain that she'll feel better soon, and that all she could really do was try to relax. He would say such kind words before yelling for Hyunjin to drive faster. Jisung felt as though his mind was spinning. The cries of his daughter in one ear, and the frantic rambling from the others in the other. Plus he couldn't see all too well considering salty droplets continued to cloud his vision. Before he even knew it, he was rushing past the automatic glass doors that belonged to the local hospital.

Jisung had to say it was about an hour later. He sat in one of the cushioned chairs that were usually placed right beside the patient's bed for when they have visitors. He was anxious as he sat; eyes trained on his daughter. After a few tests and a couple of medicines being injected into her system, Esme was soon pronounced as completely okay. But even so, as her tiny frame sat on the bed, with her arm connected to a machine and clothes being replaced by an ugly white gown, Jisung couldn't help but worry. She seemed fine, a weak grin twitching at her lips as she watched some random cartoon from off of her father's cellphone. But evidence of still suffering was there as the blonde sadly stared at her inflamed skin. She raised her tiny fingers to her neck about to scratch, but stopped when getting distracted by the room door opening. And that's when her tiny smile had stretched into something bigger upon catching sight of Hyunjin.

"Did you get my apple juice!?"

Hyunjin gave a moue as he walked further into the room, shutting the thick wooden door behind him.