16 | IT'S SO FLUFFY!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN;

IT'S SO FLUFFY!;

IT'S SO FLUFFY!;

Jisung remembers how bright his daughter had managed to look when she finally got a brand new plushie. Her toothy smile was on the brink of touching her ears; looking to have hurt from how far she was stretching it. And because of her tiny lips lifting up into a pleased grin, her chunky cheeks had also risen. They looked squeezable, Jisung having to fight the urge to reach his hand out and pinch the pale flesh until it shaded an embarrassing red. Then her eyes sparkled like freshly cleaned diamonds. The fluorescent lights of the toy store had shone down on her face, causing her naturally dark brown eyes to become a tone lighter. They were also crinkled up into miniature crescent moons, the corners wrinkling to prove how joyful she truly felt. Her tiny hands were gripped securely around a beige bear, holding it at a distance so she was able to observe it in all of its freshly stuffed glory. Jisung swears he melted a little when watching her then bring the soft plushie to her chest and squeeze it tight. The hug was warm to Esme. She absolutely loved every aspect of a brand new teddy bear that she was allowed to create and then dress up. But she had to say that her favorite part of the entire thing was the red heart placed within it. A message was said from it if pressed.

Jisung was the one to leave her the message. He didn't even try to hide what he wanted to say; having Esme right next to him as he recorded his voice.

"I love you my quokka" He said it with a smile, glancing her way to see that she burned a pink yet giggled along. But before he was allowed to stop, Hyunjin stepped in with exasperation. "Me too!" The ravenette obviously didn't know her all that well, but eventually they'll grow that father-daughter bond, and then years later she'll press the stomach of the bear and laugh.

She'd laugh like how she was at the moment, spinning in circles with the plushie still glued within her arms. And it wasn't until she had accidentally bumped into a shelf did she stop, also claiming that she was dizzy. Jisung chuckled, lifting her stumbling figure up into his arms.

"I'm guessing you like your present?" He asked. She didn't hesitate to shove the toy within his face, saying how he should look at it and feel how soft the fur was. Jisung was at first taken aback by her sudden movements, but after recollecting himself he was admiring the plush bear as well. "I'm glad you like it. Because Hyunjin bought you two more" He nodded his head in the direction of where the tall ravenette was currently paying for the three stuffed items. A white plastic bag was dangling from his wrist, a brown wallet encased within his hands as he leant against the wooden counter where a woman scanned his debit card.

"More!?" Esme almost screamed the word. She was desperately wiggling around in her father's grasp as if wanting to get down. And of course, abiding to her wishes, Jisung allowed her back on her two feet. It wasn't long before she was scurrying off in the direction of where Hyunjin still stood. The blonde was a little amazed by how quickly she was familiarizing herself with him. But then again, Hyunjin was buying her gifts, so it was only natural that she grew to admire him so fast.

Jisung actually raised his eyebrows in pure interest when watching Esme confidently tug at Hyunjin's shirt sleeve. He of course immediately looks down at her small figure, presenting a smile that matches her own. They looked to be sharing a few words, to which the blonde couldn't hear due to distance (and other shouting children that roamed the store with their parents) but he was able to witness his daughter lift her arms; an action she does when she wants to be picked up. Jisung wanted to call Felix and tell him the shocking news—explain to him that Esme is allowing Hyunjin to hold her in his arms without a smidge of discomfort. But before he could even pull out his phone, the duo were walking back over to him. Those same huge smiles were plastered upon their faces, a light conversation apparently still happening between them. It wasn't until they were steps away from the blonde father did their focus shift to him.

"Jinnie say I can't see my other plushies, daddy" She faked a pout, lower lip trembling for dramatics. Jisung saw right through her act though and rolled his eyes playfully.

"Because those are your presents. They're supposed to be a surprise."

"But, but-"

"No," He poked at her stomach, face getting closer to hers teasingly. "You'll get them on your birthday" He rubbed his nose against her cheek, laughing when she started to curl in on herself from how ticklish it felt. He took a step back after a few seconds, face shifting into a strict persona. "And no snooping through my room to find them either."

Esme looked to have deflated from utter defeat.

"I can just keep them at my place" Hyunjin injected himself in the playful conversation. He fixed the position Esme was on his hip, tilting his head to the side so he was able to look at both Jisung and his newly pronounced daughter at once. "Yeah, I mean I still want to get her one last thing anyway. Keeping everything at my apartment would be easier."

Jisung's face twisted.

"You really don't have to buy her anything else."

Hyunjin waved him off dismissively, a scoff following suit.

"No, it's fine really. I think she'll really like it" Jisung doesn't know if it was because of the lights, or if it really happened, but a twinkle had struck Hyunjin's eyes. It made his words genuine, and showed pure glee. The blonde had no other choice but to nod along, a smile reaching his face. "I think you will too."

What's that supposed to mean?

"Ooou, can we eat now!" Esme was the one to interrupt their domestic staring. "I want pizza!"

Agreements were said as they exited the toy store. But before they could get too far, Hyunjin had gotten a phone call. He gently placed the little girl on her feet before retrieving the small device from his pocket. At first the obnoxious ringtone had been manageable due to it being muffled from the fabric of his jeans; but as it was now trapped within the palm of his hand, the blaring sound had only become worse. The screen was lit up, the flashing of a green button to answer and a red button to decline. Upon reading the caller I.D, Hyunjin wanted to press his thumb down on the red circular option (especially when taking a glance at Jisung who was again talking with Esme about her teddy bear), but then his subconscious reminded him that the person calling was his girlfriend and it would be best if he answered her.

The call hadn't gone on for long; only a few hums on his part and then also a few lame attempts at giving directions. And it was as if once he finished the conversation, finger pushing the end button, did the familiar sight of Tzuyu appear. She approached the small family with heavy breaths, her greeting coming out in stumbles.

Had she ran?

"Sorry for being so late" She pushed a few stray strands of hair behind her ear, to then lean toward Hyunjin and give him a quick peck on the lips. The ravenette almost cringed at the feeling. He also refused to look at Jisung, scared of what his reaction may be. "They made me work overtime, and then traffic got bad" She grabbed hold of the taller male's hand, interlacing their fingers. "But I'm here now," She gave the blonde father and Esme a gorgeous smile. "It's nice to see you guys again."

Tzuyu wasn't a stranger to Jisung anymore. Neither was she to Esme. Occasionally when Hyunjin would visit, he would bring her along. The blonde hates to admit it, but she is overall an amazing woman. She had a kind personality and she was surprisingly positive about Hyunjin being the father to a little girl. If Jisung was correct he could faintly remember her saying: "I'm just glad he wants to be a part of her life." Within that moment the blonde wanted to choke her for being so nice. He expected her to be jealous and try to stop Hyunjin from ever seeing them again. But no, she said that the ravenette was allowed to visit Esme whenever he wanted. And to top it all off, she was absolutely beautiful; her looks managing to compliment her compassionate words.

"Oh, I didn't know you were going to be here?" Jisung had said it with a strained smile. He was quick to grip his daughter's hand, bringing her close to his side. It's not like she protested either—not completely comfortable with the woman like she is with Hyunjin.

"Yeah, Hyunjin invited me."