6 | A DRUNK SQUIRREL

CHAPTER SIX;

A DRUNK SQUIRREL;

A DRUNK SQUIRREL;

Jisung remembers why he regretfully drank a whole bottle of soju when he got home. It was after he had been dropped off home by Minho; the dark brunette throwing out over a million apologies about how the night went, too desperately wishing to make it up to him, even if they just attended a nearby cafe for a friendly get-together. Jisung gave his best grin, reassuring the other that he had absolutely nothing to worry about. Nothing else but light-hearted farewells were said, Jisung hearing Minho officially take off when he swung his front door open. That's when he felt it. The exhausting weight of seeing Hyunjin again after four long years had dropped itself upon his chest. He was ready to collapse from how heavy his entire body felt. It's why he momentarily relaxed against the door, a deep breath being released as he closed his eyes. He could hear his living room TV, opening his eyes and craning his head to the right just slightly in order to see Felix, Jungkook and Esme. The red-head was practically glued to the side of a sleeping Jungkook, who's muscular arm kept him in place. And on his lap was Esme, who too was resting. She was sprawled out with her limbs dangling every which way; her hand smacking Felix in the face whenever she shifted into a different position. The freckled Australian and him locked gazes.

"You're back early."

Jisung kept quiet, only being able to nod for an answer. He needed to regather himself—there's no need to worry the other man. So running a hand through his bleached locs, the single father then stripped himself from his jacket, and then toed off his shoes. While he tried his best to seem constructed, he was slowly falling apart on the inside. It's why he didn't spare Felix another glance before sluggishly making his way to the kitchen. Now that's what had the best friend a little confused and very curious. If anything, the foreigner was prepared to hear all about his date—the possibility that Jisung finally found someone who could help him move on. He guesses the date didn't go all too well, or maybe the guy turned out to be a real sleazeball.

Eager to get answers, Felix sat up and then gently removed the little girl from his lap, to instead place her on the resting ravenette. He was slow with his movements, not wanting either one to wake. Thankfully neither Esme nor Jungkook opened their eyes with drowsiness, but instead got more comfortable on the sofa. Releasing a breath at his success, Felix then made his way after his best friend. His eyebrows didn't hesitate to furrow as he took sight of Jisung sitting upon the tiled floor, a new bottle of soju sitting in between his spread legs—him already having drunk a quarter of it. Shaking his head, the Australian moved to sit beside the older, keeping his sight in front of him. He didn't do a thing in order to show Jisung that he needed to rush into saying what had him looking an absolute mess. His dirty blonde hair was no longer combed to perfection (due to the many times he ran his hands through it). The white shirt he wore had the first few buttons undone, as if to air out the endless amount of sweat he managed to produce. And his pupils were dilated, shaking with great suspense.