4 | BLINDING DATE

CHAPTER FOUR;

BLINDING DATE;

BLINDING DATE;

Jisung remembers the first time he ever ate at a fancy dinner. It was with Hyunjin, and quite coincidentally their first date ever. The blonde could recall how awkward the entire night was. Neither one of them knew what topic to speak on, what they should be doing with their hands, and most importantly if the other was even enjoying themselves so far. Hyunjin sat with his hands in his lap, fumbling with the silver ring he slipped on his index finger for an accessory. It was mirthful to see him fidget in his seat as he racked his brain for something to spark a conversation. They spoke about their favorite amusement park rides. What a weird way to start talking to one another. It definitely broke the cumbersome silence though, forcing any tension that built between them to diminish. The light atmosphere didn't last very long when Hyunjin was then accidentally knocking over Jisung's drink.

What's up with Hyunjin and spilling beverages on him?

It was a glass of water, being tipped when Hyunjin had gotten a little too excited once the topic shifted to pets. He was babbling about the tiny dog he owned named KKami, his hand then flinging outwards when reenacting a motion that the animal did when happy. That's when the back of his hand hit the cup, spilling it all over Jisung's shirt and soaking the thin piece of clothing. The younger male immediately gasped at the feeling, body shooting up from his seat and arms raising. Hyunjin immediately went into a state of panic, constantly rumbling out apologies while trying to help clean up. He only made things worse—and to the point where they were eventually kicked out of the restaurant.

Looking back on the memory now, Jisung could do nothing but laugh. He admired the way Hyunjin tried everything that same night to make it up to him. It was fun to force the taller man to drive around town—stopping at a random fast food place so they can finally eat, then going to a store so Jisung can feed the urge of needing cheesecake for dessert (something he unfortunately despised when pregnant), and then ending the night with flowers bought from some sweet man off the street. Jisung could feel the corners of his lips twitch at memory; a time in his life where he could say that he felt loved and content. But then that same ghost of a grin disappeared when he remembered how they ended up—where they ended up. Broken up and moving on. Refocusing his eyes from off the table. It was round and decorated with a maroon tablecloth. It had a clear vase with a singular white tulip within it. His sight trailed until landing on his date: Lee Minho. Jisung gave his best tight grin as they made eye contact. Not too long after though he was cringing at the inconvenience that was Minho dropping his covered silverware on the carpeted floor, and then when trying to pick it up he hit his head on the table.

"Ow" He said it lowly, hand reaching to clutch his wound. Jisung tried not to laugh at his minor pain and the embarrassment that engulfed the both of them. "I'm fine. I'm fine" He waved it off. "But how are you? Are you liking everything so far? Because at first I thought this place was too cheesy, and that you wouldn't like it, and then the whole date would be ruined" It was obvious that he was nervous. And he had all right to be. He believes that ever since he's laid eyes on Jisung, he's been wanting to at least have a chance with him; and now that that opportunity has come, he doesn't want to screw it up. If anything he wants to hear that the single father has had the best night of his life and that he can't wait for a second date. Wishful thinking, right?