Their Story.

Soren had retired from his lovers' embrace moments ago and he was already feeling empty as if there was a hole in his heart that couldn't be filled unless for the man deep in slumber in the next room.

He had to walk out of the room due to a sudden change of plans in his schedule tomorrow. He was flicking through the pages and files in great haste so that he could quickly dive into the embrace of his angel so that Soren could assure him the safety where no one could hurt him.

As his pile of work was reducing in considerable amounts the giddy was rising in Soren's chest. However, his peace was broken when at that moment he heard a gasp followed by a whimper. His ears perked up at the distant sound, his heart wrenching.

Soren portalled himself to the room. When he did the sight made him guilty. Loran looked much like a helpless puppy afraid of the outside world.

The red rimmed eyes, the stained cheeks, the wobbling lips that created a thin film in Soren's eyes made the walk towards his beloved harder and much painful but nonetheless he did and placed his hand on his bony shoulder.

Loran yelped and flinched away from his touch to which Soren immediately got on his knees unflinching at the impact the cold hard floor made on his already bruised knees from the attack just a week ago and pleadingly gazed at the beautiful soul in front of him that was shivering with fright.

''Soren...'' Loran barely whispered with a visible tremor in his voice that it barely reached Soren's ears if not for his powers. The angel raked his hands through his hair, the golden curls slightly dishevelled at the invasion.

An act of mixed feelings that Soren ached to comfort and assure the younger that everything would be alright but all they had gone through in the past few years had proved him wrong and he felt his strength faltering with every passing minute.

The boy was breathtakingly beautiful. An Angel in disguise, with more than one mole that covered his face; one on his left eyelid, one on top of his upper lip at the right corner and another which rested in the middle of his right cheek.

He had lean arms and the night shirt he wore had sidled up giving him a view of the alluring body underneath. But, what Soren loved the most was his eyes which were chocolate brown with golden flecks peppering it.

He would kiss his eyes multiple times every hour of everyday just because what those eyes bore for him; boundless love and passion reserved just for him. Every time he would stare at his eyes unblinkingly a tickle would run down his spine and his breath would hitch. Now gazing into them he flinched violently for he saw anguish and despair having a tug-of-war within his eyes.

He had promised himself, a blood oath which was conducted at the peak of the Tetrarch mountains that Loran would never suffer again after all he had gone through but life begs to differ. He was taken away, more likely kidnapped to conduct the ritual of soul snatching which required 21 magicians.

Since Loran had suffered major injuries before he couldn't fight back and protect himself. When Soren came to the rescue he was late because the ritual was partially completed and it left Loran in shreds. Soren did his best, he killed all of them with one spell and never did he regret his actions because he would go against the whole world and himself for the angel lying in front of him.

He was utterly broken and Soren could do nothing but let out a gut wrenching scream holding the unconscious form in his hands.

Yet, it was not enough. The trauma, the endless nights of fear and screams of pain that made his frame tremble kept Soren awake each night trying to soothe him and the results didn't fail to remind him and make him feel helpless and an utter failure. The past demons he had fought came back alive 100 times stronger than before haunting and taunting night after night.