"how many do you want?"

"doesn't matter."

"Have you ever hit a woman?"

"no."

"have you ever thought of cheating on Nyla?"

"no"

"ok need to know. . . how big?" Briana leans in.

"that's enough questions." Nyla comes back into the living room.

"I don't think he's good enough. he chose his brother over you." Briana narrows her eyes at me. Nyla rolls her eyes sitting down on my lap.

"that's good. him and his brother's relationship is one no one can break. everyone that knows them, knows that." Nyla tells. I wrap my arms around her waist.

"don't listen to Bri. I like him. he's good. he just better watch himself. I don't care who he is, I'll beat him the fuck up." Jordan punches the air.

I chuckle and so does everyone else.

I've learned Briana and Jordan are the more outgoing ones. Noah is quiet, into crime documentaries. Jada is academically book smart. and Nyla is the book nerd.

Interesting friend group.

"We should go to a party," Jordan suggests. Nyla looks back at me and I shrug.

"I'm cool with whatever. as long as this one doesn't get drunk." I pinch Nyla.

"I'm the best drunk." Nyla huffs

"Nyla we all know what happens when you're not sober." Jada comments.

"ya, I know what happens, me. the one who has to take care of you. me." I point to myself. "and then you sleep like the dead."

"k well the last time was... well it was. so don't even go there." Nyla shakes her head.

"but was I sober? no. we both weren't, but the first time I was the closest to sober and I swear you cast a spell on me." I narrow my eyes at her.

"That was before we were official." she retorts.

"doesn't matter the technicals. we all know how you get." I take my hat off and scratch my head.

"Just answer the question. we going or no?" Jordan asks.

"yes."

______________

"don't drink too much." I take a cup out of Nyla's hand. this is her third cup. she's not a lightweight, but like we all said early. we know how she is. and I'll probably end up with blue balls by the end of the night.

"Mateo" she whines. Already tipsy. how strong is this shit?

"Nyla." I mock. she leans in and reaches up to take her drink from me, but instead I kiss her. I wrap my arms around her when she melts into my touch.

we've been to this party for a couple of hours. it's in some random basement. Jordan says people have parties here all the time.

"I will fuck you right here. I don't give a fuck. you are looking like a whole. . . meal in this fucking tracksuit. you are one fine motherfucker. and you know that." Nyla slurs, pulling me down so she can talk into my ear. I chuckle.

"We can fuck tomorrow," I tell her.

"no tonight," she whines, grabbing my crotch. I suck in a breath. it's dark in here so no one will notice.

"This is why you can't drink." I shake my head.

one thing Jordan did not tell us was that this party would be playing mostly Soca music. I know most songs thanks to Nyla.