chapter 10

It is 5:30 and I texted Fiona asking her where she is so we can meet up at the place we agreed to meet. Axel and I are already here, just need to wait for Fiona. She texted saying she is on her way. We are standing waiting for Fiona.

Fiona finally came with five bags in her hands. Two in her left, three in her right. Wow it's not really surprising for girls to have ten bags in their hands.

"Got anything for me?" Axel winked to Fiona. Fiona shook her head and replied back saying "No, instead I was so busy buying things for myself I nearly forgot about you two!" She was giggling. Axel laughed, "I was just playing. Okay can we go home now?" "Agreed." I said. Fiona nodded and she said "No, first we're going to Hawaii. Of course we're going home! That's why I told you to meet here."

We hop in my Audi R8 and have a long drive ahead of us. We were singing along to our favorite songs and talked about what we got. I've never had this much fun in my life.

I dropped Axel and Fiona off to their places. They usually like to drive in my Audi and I love to drive it because my baby is just beautiful.

I reach home, and it's 6:25 P.M. Not late, sister is talking to her friend in her room, not on the phone. They hang out almost every day. I turned on my laptop and when it turned on, there was a message that looked really scary.

I'm so happy you discovered something about my riddle. Now how about you pay me a visit?

How did I receive this message here? It's probably a hacker, but it also sounds like; Finn. I was trying to get these things out of my mind, but he has to come back.

Should I go? It's not 2:45 A.M. I'll just go, and come back in no time.

I walked towards the house that had the exact address. I didn't had the guts to go to the basement, but I instead went into the front door house. I knocked on the door. No answer. I slightly pushed the door and it creaked open.

"Oh my god, is the house haunted as well?" I huffed under my breath. Oh man up Adam and put your foot in this place.

Which, of course I did.

I walked in and it is a disaster. Pictures are hanging, broken windows. If the house looked like this, the basement would be even worse. I can imagine how gruesome the basement might be.

Digesting the thought, I kept on walking. It's super quiet, I can't hear a thing, not even ghost sounds. I shook my head, my vision blurred. What's going on? After that, darkness fell on me.

I woke up after an hour, which is 7:55PM right now. I have to go home before I get in trouble. I ran for my life, ran down the stairs. I ran through the kitchen to the living room. Finally I reach the main entrance, but before my hand can reach the doorknob, I heard a voice.

"Leaving so soon, mate?" I turned around, but I saw no one. I then averted my gaze back to the door, jerking the handle. No luck. I groaned. "How about we sit and chat? Drink some tea and have some cookies." I rolled my eyes, pretending not to care but deep down I'm frightened as heck. I was trying hard to pull the door open with all my might. I cannot open it. That’s it. I had enough, I pulled back and yelled.

“Why are you torturing me? I cannot believe that you’re still holding a grudge!”

“No, I’m not holding grudges. I enjoy thepain of people.”

“Step into the light” I sternly said.

“Step into that I can’t, Adam. I’m just like the wind, harsh but free.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, silly me I forgot to tell my best friend about myself. I’ll reveal myself…”

I couldn’t be more patient. Finn came in front of me, he looked; a ghost? All black with a freaky skeleton face. Of course, face paint, but it doesn’t look like it too. What just because he heard some “lady ghost” singing now he suddenly turned into one? I smirked.

“My, my. Isn’t that cute?” I chuckled, and continued. “Seriously stop, you got me! You can stop joking around now!” The dance performance, was only his voice. This is just himself with face paint that looks like a skeleton and all black. I don’t know how he does it, but he sure knows how to pull off a prank

“What are you talking about? This is no joke! Don’t believe me?”

“Nah, I don’t.”

“Wrong answer.”

 After he replied, he breathed out fire and surrounded me in it. I think I’m starting to believe him now. He was laughing insanely. He turned darker and his eyes beady red, flying around like a maniac. My heart was beating a million times faster. When am I getting out of here?

“Believe me now?” he was loud. Louder than a sonic boom airplane. His voice was echoed and deep, he was still laughing like there’s no tomorrow. I don’t want to show him I’m scared. I refused.

“Eh, you can do better.”

Finn’s eyebrow arched up. “Oh? Let’s take it up a notch.”

He then got five duplicates of himself surrounding me. They were all coming close to me. I am held captive. Nowhere to go. I struggled, struggled hard to get out of this nightmare. But it's just no use. I screamed at the top of my lungs. After that it's pitch black.

I woke up sweating and breathing hard. Was that a horrific nightmare?