-26- Turning page

I've waited a hundred years
But I'd wait a million more for you
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do – Sleeping at last

A/N last official chapter, after this there will be an epilogue and I already have a bonus chapter planned.

Australia, the first race of the season, Isa and Daniel always looked forward to this race because it would mean that they would get to see Daniels parents at his home grand prix. This year was a special one, Joey would make his first appearance in the paddock. Some drivers, who were close friends with Daniel, met Joey outside of F1 and Isa took Joey with her when they traveled together with Daniel, but when Daniel went to track, Isa stayed at the hotel with Joey or they went sightseeing. Sometimes they would hire a nanny so Isa could be at the track and support Daniel but they had never brought Joey to the track. Isa and Daniel agreed that Joey could come to the paddock when he was old enough to walk. They felt that he was too young for all that was going on in the paddock, before that time. So on Thursday, when there were no cars out on the track, Isa brought Joey to the garage. Daniel had some media duties but was currently talking with one of his mechanics. Isa carried Joey into the paddock and spotted Daniel rather quickly, standing in front of the motorhome. Isa set Joey on the ground and as soon as the almost two year old spotted his dad he took a run for it. As Joey reached his dad he hugged his legs, ' Hi buddy, how are you? Where is mommy?' Daniel crouched down to pick up his son. Joey wrapped his arms around Daniels neck, Isa reached her family and smiled at the sight. Isa greeted the mechanics and gave Daniels engineer a kiss on the cheek. 'He is exited, he wants to finish extra high just for you guys' Daniels engineer tells Isa as they look at Daniel and Joey who play around the in front of the garage. The boys are playing some soccer with Max an Sebastian. As the race started, Grace, Joe and Isa sat in the back of the garage. Isa took some photos of Joey who looked super cute with his custom, way too big for him, headphones. He was sitting on Graces lap and was pointing to the screen every time that Daniel was on. 'Daddy! Daddy!' Joey happily screamed at the tv. Laughs could be heard through the garage and Isa felt content in that moment.

Daniel, Isa, Joey, Daniels parents, his sister and nephew were having dinner to celebrate his podium. It was a great start to the season and Daniel could only hope that the rest of the season would go this well so he would have a chance at the world title. 'So I know we took you guys out to celebrate the podium but we wanted to tell you some great news we have' Daniel said as he looked at the hopeful faces of his family. He grabbed Isa's hand underneath the table, Grace opened her mouth to say something but before she could, Isa interrupted her. 'No Grace, I'm not pregnant, we want more children but not right now at least' Isa chuckled and she could see slight disappointment on Graces face. Daniel spoke up 'We have decided to leave Monaco and come live here, in Perth. We want to be closer to you guys, and it is not like we spend a lot of time in Monaco as Isa and Joey travel with me a lot.' Joe spoke up first 'That is great you guys, we would love to have you closer to us, maybe we can babysit Joey some more, give you guys some time to yourselves', Grace nodded with a huge smile on her face. Michelle was the only one they couldn't read an expression from 'Are you guys sure this is what you want to do? I thought Monaco was the best option for your career?' Isa grabbed Michelle's hand and squeezed it lightly 'We are very sure, we will still travel with Dan to some races but when we are home, we would like to be around you guys, do some family stuff you know. We want to invite you to a barbeque and we don't want to have to fly around half the world to see you guys'. Daniel hesitated to tell his family the news but he couldn't hold it in anymore 'I'm thinking about retiring after this season, that is the reason why I want to win the world title so much this year. I want to end my career on a high' Grace gasped her hand covering her mouth 'Oh Dan, what made you think of this?' Daniel sight and looked at his parents 'I think I've had a beautiful racing career and I want to think about my family more. Be with Joey, see him grow up. Just have some time off and then maybe after a year, I will go into racing in another series. But in this moment I feel sure to say that this will be me last season in F1'. Joe hugged his son and Michelle also stood up. 'Well, I'm happy to see you guys more often' Michelle said to her brother. They had some desert, sipped on some more wine and just talked the night away. As Daniel went to the front to pay for their meal, the rest of the family put on their jackets, Isa kneeling down to zip up Joeys jacket. 'Mommy, can I go with grandpa and grandma?' Isa looked up at Grace and Joe to see them smiling and nodding. 'Sure darling, of course you can, we will get your bag from the car and then you can go with them'. She stood up and they walked out of the restaurant were Daniel was waiting by the car. 'Dad, I'm sleeping over at Grandpa and Grandma!' Joey enthusiastically at his dad, Daniel picked Joey up and spun him around 'Nooo, then I am going to miss you very much, don't go Joey, stay with daddy!' Daniel kissed all over Joeys face which made him giggle loudly. Daniel sat Joey down on the ground as he handed him his bag. Isa crouched down to give Joey a kiss 'be good okay, I love you' Joey was impatient and fought his mother's embrace, when she let go of him he ran towards Joe and Grace. 'Thank you' Isa said to Grace as she gave her a hug and a kiss. 'No problem darling, enjoy a night to yourselves, we will see you tomorrow'. As everyone said their goodbyes Daniel and Isa sat in the car, enjoying the silence for once. 'I love that little boy but I have missed this silence very much' Isa giggled at Daniel and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 'Why don't we go into town and see if there is any place that serves some good cocktails, I'm up for some dancing too, and maybe after that I can show you what I bought for you yesterday' Isa seductively said to Daniel as she pulled the hem of her dress a bit upwards to reveal some lace panties. 'Well let's go then, the sooner we finish the drinks the sooner I can unwrap my present' Daniel bit his lip as they drove off.