-6- Un Dia

One day you'll love me for sure
One day you'll wake up feelin' how I've been feelin'
Baby, you'll knock at my door – J balvin ft. Dua Lipa

The next morning Isa, Daniel, Luna and her parents are sitting at the table having breakfast together. There is a comfortable silence in the room. Isa picks at her food, pushing her eggs around. 'Are you okay, Iz?,' Daniel asks the silent girl. Luna looks at her friend and gives her a reassuring smile. ' I'm going to take a walk, and then I think I will just watch a movie,' Isa says avoiding Daniels eyes. Daniel feels like he is missing out on something, but he lets it slide as he feels Isa doesn't want to talk about it. As everyone is done eating, Luna's parents clear the table, Luna is going to check on the horses and Isa walks out of the house to take a walk. Daniels hesitates, should he go after Isa or should he leave her be. He can't help himself and follows Isa, she walks through the woods ending up at a cemetery. Daniel stops at the entrance, taking a deep breath and walks inside. When he spots Isa, he sees her sitting down against a tombstone. He walks over and sits down next to Isa. Silent tears stream down her cheeks. 'My mom died 14 years ago today,' Isa breaks the silence. Daniel grabs her hand and gives is a light squeeze. 'It is the reason why I come here every year. This place is my happy place, I met Luna on the ranch when me and my mom came here one summer. We were so happy when we were here. It is also the reason why I buried her here.' Their shoulders touch, Isa rests her head on Daniels Shoulder. 'I want to go on that date you know, I just don't know how. I can't promise you I will open up immediately. But I want to give it a try, you just have to be patient with me,' Isa says lifting her head and looking directly into Daniels eyes. Daniel smiles at her and grabs her hands, 'I want to get to know you Isa, I want to take you out and show you what it is to be loved. I want to show you how you deserve to be treated, I will have all the patience in the world if it means that I get you'. Isa is quiet, she doesn't know what to say. Nobody ever made her feel so safe and wanted. Out of impulse Isa turns to Daniels and sits upon her knees. She looks into his eyes, their breathing heavy, Isa grabs Daniels face and puts her lips on his. The kiss is gentle and sweet, Daniel smiles through the kiss. They pull away but Daniel pulls Isa in by her waist so she is sitting in his lap, she puts her forehead against his, closing her eyes. Daniel bites his lip, leaning in to kiss her again, this time the kiss is less sweet but more out of lust and hunger. Isa pulls away because she needs to breath, 'We are sitting on the ground, kissing in a cemetery,' she giggles. Isa stands up, patting the dirt and grass of her jeans. Daniel smiles as he watches Isa as she gathers her belongings, 'Is something wrong?,' Isa askes Daniel. 'You just look beautiful'.

The next few days are filled with relaxation and taking care of the horses. Daniel and Isa took the time to get to know each other. Both were enjoying each other's company but also knew that they had to return to their normal life someday, Daniel has to go back to the crazy world of F1 and Isa has to go back to her job as an photographer. 'When does training start again Dan?,' Isa lifts her head from Daniels chest, they're lying next to a meadow. They had brought a picnic basket with them, some food and drinks, just enjoying the sun. 'Michael is flying out in 2 days, then we will be staying here before the race at COTA in 2 weeks. Now that you mention it, I have been meaning to ask you ask you something. Would you like to be my guest at the garage for the race in Austin?' Isa hadn't thought about what would happen when they both went back to work. She wanted to come to the race, Luna talked about the races she had been over the years, the noise and adrenaline rush from it all, but to go there with Daniel, she was a bit hesitant. She was also hesitant because of their relationship status, the media would have an opinion about her. Daniel and Isa were nothing official and once Isa would set foot into the paddock she would be noticed. Isa doesn't know if she is ready for all the attention. She liked Dan very much but what if this doesn't last and then all of that would be out in the open. 'I don't know Dan, there are a lot of camera's and you wouldn't have time for me anyways,' Isa says looking at her feet. 'I would love for you to support me, I like having you around. And as for the media, you can stay in the back of the garage, but if you're that hesitant you can also stay in my drivers room. I just want you to be there, nobody else needs to see but me,' Daniel doesn't want sound clingy but it is the truth. 'I.. it's just..' Isa doesn't know what to say Daniel picks up that there is more than just the camera's. 'Why are you so hesitant Iz?'. Isa bites her lower lip, 'What do I say when people ask me who I am? Do I say that I'm a friend of yours? Because I don't normally kiss my friends Dan, and I certainly don't have this much feelings for my friends.' Daniel wanted to wait with asking Isa to be his girlfriend. They had only known each other for 2 weeks and he didn't want to rush Isa into things. He also felt a bit embarrassed that he, as an 31 year old, wanted to ask a girl to be his girlfriend. But hearing Isa saying this, he knew that she wanted the clarity. 'I want you to be my girlfriend Iz, I want to hold you when I want to, I want to kiss you when I want to, I want to comfort you when you need it, I want to keep you close to me and tell the world that you are mine. I just don't want you to feel rushed into to something you are not ready for, but I want you to be my girlfriend. So, Isa Atwood, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend'. Isa felt tears prickling her eyes, 'I thought you never ask Daniel, of course I want to be your girlfriend!'. Isa stands up on her tippy toes and grabs Daniels neck with her hands, they both lean in for a sweet and loving kiss.