Chapter 8

Travis POV
I walk back to Katie's house because I think she still has my jacket, and knock on the door saying,
"Hey Katie, uuh I think you still have my hoodie!" There is no reply.
"Katie, uhh, are you in there?" I start hearing yelps and glass smashing.
"Katie?! Was that glass?! KATIE?! ARE YOU OKAY??!!! ALL RIGHT THATS IT, IM COMIN IN!!!" I start to kick and smash the door, but it only splinters the wood a little bit. I keep trying and trying, and then in one final mighty heave, I (thank the gods) successfully break down the door to find that strange lady from this morning attacking Katie. I lunge at her legs and tie her up with some rope I always keep in my back pocket, and then call the police, reporting an unprovoked attack and almost murder, then tell them that the woman is tied up in the kitchen.

I dash over to Katie and pick her up bridal style,and run to camp. Yes, I run. There was nothing else to do and I've been running long distances forever. Within twenty minutes I'm crossing the barrier and still running to the infirmary even though I hear the shouts of campers like "oh my gods its Katie and Travis!" Or "oh gods, Travis, is she ok?" I take her in and see Chiron talking to Apollo by a camper with a broken leg. As soon as they see me they rush to my side, Apollo taking Katy and placing her on a bed.
"OH MY GODS(pant) CHIRON HELP(pant) KATIE HAS BEEN(pant, cough, cough wheeze) ABUSED BY(cough cough hack) HER STEP MOTHER AND..." I cough and hack and run out of breath entirely.
"Whoa ok Travis she will be ok and did you run all the way here from her house?" Chiron asks
"Y-Ya-aahh" I manage to stutter out, with much difficulty since I can hardly supply enough air for just normal breathing.
"Alright lay down we will wake you you up as soon as she awakes, now get some rest, hero." I want to object that I'm not a hero, but my body betrays me and I lay down. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out like a light.

Katie POV
Even though I'm not actually fully conscious right now, I can feel Travis's strong arms carrying me bridal style and running. I'm glad I'm not fully conscious right now, because this is really bumpy and I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I also honestly have no idea how I'm thinking these thoughts right now, OH MY GODS WHAT IF I SLIPPED IN TO A COMA OR GOT A CONCUSSION!!!!! Nah I'm fine... I think... Well anyways I think I'm gonna be okay 'cause I'm starting to go back to being fully unconsciouuuuuu... Nevermind...

I start to see a bunch of strange things like Nico acting like a cross between Leo when he has caffeine, an Aphrodite girl fangirling over Percabeth, and a really neon crazed Iris camper. In other words, Nico was wearing colorful neon clothing, and acting hyper and bubbly. WEIRD. Then I saw Miranda assaulting a flower. That was horrifying. And I start to see Annabeth almost kissing someone who was NOT Percy.

I can't make out who the figure was because I sit up abruptly, but then lay back down when pain courses through by body. Looking around, I see O'm in the camp infirmary and Travis I sleeping in the bed beside me. He looks so cute and peaceful there I can't help but smile, even though it hurts some of my remaining cuts. And also I'm not gonna wake him up, because it's bad if he needs more sleep and he doesn't get enough trust me. I remember a new camper, an eight year old, woke him up at four o' clock in the morning, and he scolded that camper for an hour, gave her all the chores for a month, no dessert and he was screaming all of this so loud he woke up the entire camp, but he wouldn't do that to me since I am his girlfriend. Chiron walks in and sees me awake,
" Oh hello Katie, are you feeling better?" He asks
"Yes Chiron much better, but there's still a bit of pain in my side and face."
"Yeah, that should hopefully go away within a day."
"Should I wake up my boyfriend?" He looks at me quizzically, I forgot he didn't know that we are a couple now. "Travis and I started dating recently. "
" Oh how nice, and yes, he wanted to be woken up as soon as you were up."
"All right thanks Chiron"
"No problem, Katie."
He leaves the room and does Hades knows what. I look at little sleeping Travis. Feeling devilish I give him a sloppy wet kiss on his lips as hard and as fast as I can. He sits straight up looking terrified, whites his mouth, and whips around in my direction and starts to yell insults, but then realizes that it's just me.
"OH THANK THE GODS KATIE YOU'RE AWAKE I WAS SOOOO WORRIED AND I-" I shut him up with a kiss. A good one not a slobbery dog kiss this time. He freezes for a second and pulls me closer and soon are lips are moving in a synchronized way. We keep making out for like 10 minutes, but then an Apollo camper walks in and we hear her giggling. Upon the sound we both lean away looking like dazed tomatoes. The girl, Tiffany, I think is her name looks like a fan girl. Oh gods no she is quiet but just wait in 3-2-1-
"OH MY GODS OH MY GODS OH MY GODS, YOU GUYS ARE A COUPLE? YOU ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER LIKE, TOTALLY TRATIE FOREVS!!! EEEEEEEEKKKK!!!!!!" I honestly have no idea what 'Tratie' is, but judging from how Percabeth is the 'ship' name for Percy and Annabeth, I'd say that Tratie is Travis and I's ship name.Uugghh. We excuse ourselves and he drops me off at my cabin where Miranda is. I bet Chiron called her with Conner too, and had all my stuff brought down as well. Travis goes in for a nap and I kiss him goodbye.