Chapter 6

Travis POV
"Hey" Katie says after I walk through the giant droopy leaf things on the old willow tree.

I see her sitting there on the bench wearing a sleeveless mint green flowing dress that brushes her knees in the front and goes half way down her calf in the back, and silver gladiator sandals. Her hair is down and curled and is over her right shoulder. She is so beautiful right now I can't help but suck in a breath.

"Look Travis," she starts saying, "I know you probably hate me right now, but I'm really really sorry for what happened in the nurses office, I was just so confused that I didn't know what to do." I see a small, silent tear roll down her cheek and I pull her into a hug.

"It's okay, sssshhhhhh, calm down I could never hate you," I say and then I finally muster up the courage to say something I have wanted to say for two years,"Katie I just want to let you know... I love you. I really do this is no prank I-"
She silences me with a kiss, full on the lips. We are still kissing for like five minutes before we both to pull away, gasping for air.

"I love you too Trav." She says.
We sit there on that bench for what seems like hours before we relive that it is 10:00 at night. WOW. We sat here.On a bench. With ADHD. Doing nothing except stealing kisses every once in a while.For like, FIVE HOURS???!!!

We go our separate ways and I walk back to my simple yellow house grinning like an idiot. My mom asks me if I'm okay, and I can hardly restrain from spilling everything to her, but I know that if I do tell her she will pester me till the end of time. I go back to the room Connor and I share, I find him smirking at me as I enter the room.

"WHAT??!!" I scream-ask him

"Why are you smiling like that?" I can't help but spill everything to him.

"KaitekissedmeanditoldheriloveherandshesaidshelovedmetoandwesatonabenchincenteralparkforlikefivehoursandshelovesmeCon,
SHELOVESMEEEE!!!" I say like a child who just got twenty bucks to buy anything he wants. I sigh and flop back on my bed, feeling like I'm floating.

I wake up the next morning to a pillow flying towards my face. Luckily my demigod reflexes kick in and a catch the pillow right before it hits me in the face.

"Aawwww man, I thought I was gonna get ya for once." Says my whiney brother.

"Well you thought wrong" I say back. I get out of bed and take a shower and throw on some clothes. Connor and I start walking to school when I get an idea.

"Hey Con lets go pick up our girlfriends and walk them to school!" I say.

"Awesome idea, and do you know where Katie lives?" Connor asks.

"No, but we are in New York, so she will be someone who lives in a house with a perfect, clipped, symetrical lawn thanks to her Demeter powers." I reply.

"Huh, I never thought of it that way, we'll see Ya at school!" He says waving. I find her house and knock on the door. A pretty young lady opens the door.
"What do you want?" She asks.
"Does Katie Gardner happen to live here?" I ask.

"U uhhh well, no, but-" she is cut off by a familiar voice coming from inside the old brick house.

"Trav? Is that you" Katie appears behind the lady and her eyes meet mine.

"Why yes it is, Kit Kat and would you rather me leave?" I say starting to turn around.

"No you little prankster, now come on and maybe I'll let you hold my hand." She says with a smirk, and we walk out the door, hand in hand, leaving the weird lady in shock.

We meet Connor and Miranda at the front of the school and then we walk in and head to our lockers which are all in the same general area. I'm so excited for this week to be over so we can go to Camp Half Blood for the summer. Sure we visit on the weekends, but this is the first time Katie and I will be going there as a couple. Briing bring briing! Goes the bell and we all go to our classes.