Chapter 2

Edited

* * *

Katie

The entire time I was with Will I felt like something was wrong, and I guess so does he because he kept squirming and he wasn't as funny as he usually is. However, me being the kind hearted person I am, I giggled and laughed, and held his sweaty, clammy hand so he wouldn't feel totally awkward. Then I heard voices up ahead,and ignored them, until I saw Travis and Connor Stoll. I didn't want to invade their privacy, but I heard my name, so I tuned out Will and listened to the Stoll's conversation instead...

"-for like ten minutes" said a voice. Connor.

"Pfffft, was not!" The other voice said, who I recognized as Travis.

"Was to! Wait...you like her don't you! I knew that's why you only want to prank her!"

"Alright, alright you got me, but let's talk about this some where else..."

My mind was spinning. Travis liked someone who he constantly pranked. But the only one he pranks is... Oh no. No no no no! This can't be happening! Travis Stoll, of all people, likes me?! No way. I must've misheard something, right? Right?! My breathing started to speed up and I could feel myself starting to seriously freak out. I must've done a terrible job at hiding it too, because suddenly Will was firing questions at me.

"Whoa Katie are you okay? Do you need me to help? Do you want water? I'll call Camp if you want me to, do you want me to?" He asked in rapid fire.

"Will I'm fine... Can you just calm down and...erm, uuuhh..."

"You can't even think straight here let me take you to camp." He started to pick me up bridal style but I smacked his hands away.

"Will I'm fine let me just talk to my frie-"

"Okay let's go I'll come too"

"No. Can talk to them, alone Will?" He froze at my harsh tone, before backing down and scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Oh, uuuhh, yeah of course babe..."

"Thank you." I walked off to find Annabeth, Piper, and Calypso for advice since they are all in steady relationships with their boyfriends.

As I walked to the courtyard, I thought about Travis with his curly, cinnamon brown hair and the way he looks at me after he pranks me, with that cute little half-smile thing, and how his sky-blue eyes seem to sparkle with happiness whenever he-

Hold up now. Am I on my period or something? Because these are not the hormones I need to have. I cannot be attracted to Travis Stoll! It's like a crime against the universe or something! Besides I'm in a happy relationship... yeah.

I found Annabeth, Piper, and Calypso, along with a couple of our other friends through the glass doors that led out to the courtyard. They were all siting around a table in the courtyard talking with each other as they ate lunch. I was just about to go outside when I heard the sound of three pairs of heels clicking along the tile behind me.

Uh oh...

"Hey dirt girl!" A feminine voice said, sounding fake. I rolled my eyes and turned around to see Drew, a daughter of Aphrodite(no surprise) and her posse, Chantelle and Alyssa.

They were just like you'd imagine high school to be. Rich, beautiful, and slutty. They thought they owned the school with their Louboutins and and red lipstick, but really they were just satan's little reincarnates.

"What do you want, Drew?" I asked, deadpan.

"What I want is for you to stay away from Travis Stoll, K? He's mine." She growled.

I let out a small laugh, trying not to let on that I was amused. Imagine if she knew that he already like me, not her. I'd probably be dead. "Then he's all yours, sweetheart, but who says he'd even like you? Not all guys like girls who've slept with half the school." I said.

Fire flashed through her eyes as she glared at me. "You're gonna regret that one, bitch." She hissed.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Ugh!" And with that, she attacked before I could stop her. Had we been outside I could beat her in an instant, but I definitely relied on my powers as a source of my strength. I also didn't have weapons strapped to my feet, aka heels.

Drew shoved me down and Chantelle stomped on my rib cage with her heels, while Alyssa kicked at my head. Drew then picked me up and punched me right in the eye, twisting my wrist enough to where I heard a sickening CRACK! Sound and pain flared up my arm. She threw me down, and stomped on me one last time in my now seriously damaged ribcage to finish me off.

I fought to remain conscious, but I was losing against my own body. The last thing I remember before I completely black out was someone calling my name, and then strong arms coming around me and carrying me.
------
Coolio! So I actually didn't really need to edit this. I think this may have been one of the few chapters that I actually looked over before I published. Maybe...
-Bella