Chapter 16: Hunnie, The Phone Whisperer

Hunnie abruptly stops in her track and looks up with a gaping mouth. "I completely forgot! It's out now!"

"What's out now?"

"And you call yourself a veteran weeb?!" her eyes widen in disbelief. She points at the large banner hanging on one of the big pillars in front of the movie theatre area. I gasp.

"One Piece!" we exclaim at the same time. Hunnie does little jumps while I tremble, clenching my fist hard to contain my excitement. How could I forget? I look at my phone.

"It's still early. We have time. Let's go?" I ask.

Without another word, she drags me to an empty ticket machine and starts pressing on the touch screen. I look at the soft digital screen and smile. Technology has sure gone a long way. Even though I haven't seen it, I'm sure I can't even compare the display quality of the new One Piece movie to its first episode which was broadcasted when? Around twenty years ago? Woah. I really am a veteran weeb.

"Y/n." I blink to see Hunnie waving her hands in front of my face. "The next one starts in fifteen minutes. There are still a few empty seats around the usual spot. What do you think?"

"Great, let's do that one!"

"Okay. I'll pay and you'll buy the popcorn."

"Got it."

While Hunnie is punching in the details, mostly selecting our seats and typing our names, I see a face I've seen before doing the same thing on the machine right next to ours and my eyes grow uncontrollably wide.

He looks around while stuffing his wallet back into his pocket and catches me staring. He looks at me and Hunnie for a bit before closing his mouth in surprise. "Oh, wait, it's you guys!" he says.

Hunnies notices him too and freaks out the moment she does. I grab her shoulders to bring her back to planet Earth. When the slight trembling under my fingers stops and she manages to contain her large grin into a calm smile, she speaks up. "How're the baby carrots?" Hunnie asks feigning poise, but her voice is clearly almost breaking.

Jungkook-ssi tilts his head before letting out a small 'ah'. He takes his phone out of his pocket and shows us the tiny carrots phone case. "The baby carrots are still cute and healthy."

Hunnie beams at that.

He looks at our tickets that are slowly edging out of the ticket slot currently printed by the machine.

"Oh, One Piece! You like One Piece too?"

Hunnie points her thumb at me. "Veteran weeb."

I laugh, nodding my head.

"Who's your favourite character?"

"I don't think I can choose just one," I answer.

"Liar. Probably Zoro or Sanji," Hunnie says.

"Hey! I like all members of the straw-hat pirates equa—"

"I like Chopper."

"Me too!" His eyes glow brighter at the mention of Chopper. "Isn't Chopper like the cutest character ever," he says excitedly, almost giggling. I stare in fascination.

"Oh, if you like Zoro, you'd probably get along with Jimin hyung. He likes Zoro too."

Hunnie chuckles.

Then suddenly, an announcement rings. "The door at theatre three is now open. For those with tickets, you may now enter the theatre. The show will be starting in ten minutes."