Chapter 15: Later at Home

Friday night

Today have been a long day and all the excitement doesn't help either. It's not a particularly stressful day. It's more— eventful. Yeah, I would only describe it as eventful. It's still odd, though, because I'm sure I have experienced more eventful days. But there's just something about today and I can't tell what it is.

The moment I arrive home, I discard all my belongings on the floor before taking off to the bathroom for a quick shower. Then, post-shower, I drag myself, holding onto the towel sitting on top of my head that is wrapping around my wet hair, I make myself a cup of coffee, a nice hot steamy cup. Maybe it'll burn the strangeness that seems to linger.

Fixed in my kitchen table seat, I glance at Hunnie who is slumped next to the bed on the floor.

"Want coffee? Tea?" I ask.

"I don't know," she sighs limply, still where she was before I entered the bathroom, sitting with her legs sprawled on the floor while looking emptily at the wall.

I look at the wall she's staring and find nothing interesting there. Maybe she can see something I can't, or maybe today is also a weird one for her. I nod to myself. "I got you," I reply, taking a second before lifting myself out of my seat, leaving my barely-touched cup of coffee to go to the kitchen cabinet. Hot chocolate, I mutter under my breath while rummaging through the drawers. Ah, the last one. Perfect. "Why don't you take a shower first, Hun. You look about ready to stumble over and sleep on the floor, or die, or sleep first then die."

She looks towards me but not at me. It's a vague space above my shoulder, next to my head somewhere. After more looking at nothing, she nods and lifts herself up, trudging over to the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Here you go," she takes the cup and sits across me in front of the low circular table. "So, Hunnie, about today—"

"Can we not talk about it right now? I promise I'll tell you after the exam," she answers weakly, facing the floor.

"No, not that, don't worry," I rub a comforting circle on her back. "I just want the deeds. You didn't tell me what happened with Eunseok hyung yet. So?" I chirp excitedly.

Hunnie looks up from the table to finally meet me in the eye and smiles weakly. It's still a smile so I'll take it.

"Are you going to tell me?" I raise an eyebrow.

She takes a sip of the hot chocolate before nodding with a bigger smile. "Okay. Where should I start?" I mini-clapped, my shoulders shaking in excitement.

I think about it for a short while. There're too many questions. Start with something simple I guess. "When did it start and when did you realise it?"

"Okay," she clears her throat and sits up straighter. "Remember your school festival a few months ago?"

"Yes." My eyes widen expectantly but it's completely out of my hand.

"And we got slightly lost cause there were way too many people and tents and we couldn't see anything?"

"Yes?"

"And you spotted Eunseok sunbae because he's tall and stood out of the crowd but you can't call him cause it's too loud so you asked me to call him and I asked you what his name is and you kept having to shout it to me cause I can't hear it over the crowd and you kept on shouting his name to me until he heard it himself and practically dove into the wave of people and rescued both of us?"

"You're rambling like me, which is unlike you, but yeah?" I raise an eyebrow and smirks. She seems better. "Where is this going?"

"So, at that time, I just thought. Oh, he's cool."