Chapter 24: Living the dream

I press the bell and the intercom beeps. After a few seconds, the little light at the machine starts blinking and a voice appears.

"Hello?"

"Ah, yes, I'm here to deliver coffee from Bora Coffeeshop," I say politely. It is answered by a silence that stretches for a good few seconds long. "Hello?"

"Chinggu?" the voice reappears, one that I've heard many many times before. For a while, I can't pinpoint where I've heard it like it's from some hazy folds at the back of my mind. "Hello?" the voice says again. Then it hits me.

"Jin-ssi?"

"Chinggu! I didn't know you deliver too!"

"Jin-ssi! What a coincidence!" I laugh. "Only sometimes, when there's no one else to do the job."

"Ah, I see! Well, I'll open the door, come on in."

The door buzzes and it unlocks itself. I enter a room of only lifts. Before I manage to press any button, the door to a lift opens and I enter it, waiting for it to take me where I need to go.

***

The door opens revealing a smiling Jin-ssi.

"Oh, you're here! Come on in and put it on the table. Here," he snatches two out of three bags.

"I can't allow you to bring it for me, it's my job. And I don't think I'm supposed to enter your house."

"Too late!" He quickly walks in and disappears only to shows his head again from behind a wall. "Well, come on in."

I toe off my shoes, feeling a little awkward to just enter somebody's house like that but I still have to give the last of the bag, so I say a little excuse me and bows repeatedly as I enter into the living room. Jin-ssi is putting the bags on the table and I follow what he's doing.

"I should leave now."

"You have somewhere to go?"

"Not really, but it's a little awkward to be at someone else's house."

"Don't worry, not everyone is here right now. It's only me, Yoongi and Jimin."

"I see."

"Would you like anything? Milk? A cup of coffee or tea?"

"Nah, I don't want to intrude."

Suddenly, two voices appear from one of the room.

"You're so cute hyung. I'm sure you'll look great as a girl," Jimin chirps excitedly. Jin and I stay quiet.

"Shut it, we're not talking about this again."

"But hyung looks so good as Yoonji! Armys loved it so much! Come on~ We need something special for festa. For armys. Please, hyung?"

"Why don't you do it?"

"Cause everyone wants Yoonji! And you're so pretty, you could maybe pass as a girl if you got a proper makeover."

"It doesn't even make sense, how the heck could I look like a girl? Which part of me?"

"Your face is pretty."

"Aren't I pretty too?" Jin-ssi interrupts loudly from where he's standing in the living room but they ignore him and continue with their conversation. Jin lets out his classic windshield wiper laugh.

"Aren't you more suited then?" Yoongi asks.

"Your skinny legs," Jimin answers.

"I feel insulted. Do you not see the result? I've been bulking up Jimin-ah!"