Chapter 12: We're friends.

(Copyright Disclaimer: the image above does not belong to me)

~~~~~~~~~~

I turn the sign to open and stand behind the counter waiting for the first customer of the day (who would usually show up around fifteen minutes after the sign is turned). The wait today is nowhere near that long, however. As I stare at the glass door, a figure approaches and opens the door not three minutes after opening. I glance at him. So he's the first one today. Moderate eyebags, I note, but he looks oddly refreshed. Something good probably happened. He steps in.

Then suddenly behind him, appears a second figure.

Is it that easy to meet Bangtan around here? It seems like I meet one almost every day. What's happening?

"Hyung, this way," Suga-ssi calls Jin-ssi who almost walk pass the door and into the glass window.

"Welcome," I say.

Jin-ssi sees me at the counter and follows behind Suga-ssi with a gaping mouth. I flash my sweetest smile as a 'hello' while he still stares at me in confusion. "Chinggu, you work here too??"

"What would you like today? The usual or perhaps that Vanilla Chai again?" I speak to Suga-ssi who is already waiting patiently in front of the register.

Jin-ssi's eyes dart left and right, very visibly confused. Suga-ssi looks at me in the eye before tilting his gaze Jin-wards while smiling that mischievous little smile that I sometimes see him do whenever Boram-unnie looks like she's ready to pull all her hair out upon receiving his one-of-a-kind coffee orders. I receive the message.

"Y/n-ssi, I'll get the usual," he says. Y/n? So that's how much you want to push it.

"Sure, Yoongi-ssi, one Iced Americano with an extra shot to go coming right up." I smile at him. He looks at me wide-eyed before he chokes a little, trying to contain his laughter. He then gives me a satisfied smile and I just know that he's well-aware of the confusion he is inciting within Jin-ssi. That's his main purpose anyway.

I type in the order and look back up to Jin who is about to burst from all the questions he seems to have.

"What about you, Jin-ssi?" I ask.

"You know each other?" There it is. He exploded. Suga-ssi doesn't react in the slightest as if he's fully expecting it. "Since when? And you call him Yoongi???" Jin asks another question.

"Quite a while. Months? Maybe half a year? A year?" I ignore the last bit of the question. He'll notice soon enough that I was just being an accomplice.

"What!"

"Yeah, I'm a regular here. I like their coffee."

"I'm glad to hear that," I say.

"Wait— Then that time in the convenience store—" he throws his arms up and starts shaking Suga-ssi's shoulders back and forth. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Surprise," Suga-ssi laughs.

Jin-ssi then turns to me. "Chinggu, why didn't you tell me you've met other bangtan members? Did you perhaps go to our concert?"

"Unfortunately, no. Almost did, though, but the tickets sold out in a flash." The memories of Hunnie sulking for the entire day last year cause she didn't get the ticket pass through my head. "But if you want to know then I'll tell you next time I meet another member.

"Did you meet anyone else yet? Aside from the two of us." I stop myself from answering and I return to what I was doing instead, pretending I didn't hear him.