lucky

Niall and Audrey:

Niall coming home drunk with a single rose for her. He picked it from the neighbors yard. She's surprised but she's also been worried sick about him. He leaned into her.

"Why didn't you call me?" She took him over to the counter

"I did, called- four times." He slurred, glancing down at his hands, counting his fingers before holding them up. It was his whole hand.

"You don't even have your phone on you?" She was puzzled to say the least. He had a dopey grin plastered on his face, his eyes red and slightly puffy.

"Yeah— I do," he bent down to untie his shoe. Audrey could only stare in awe for a few moments before Niall actually started dialing his shoe, yelping shortly after. She instinctively moved closer. "Audrey ow," he mumbled, shoving his finger in her direction. She wanted to laugh but took his hand in hers to inspect. There was a fat thorn sticking out of his thumb, the skin around it already red and swelling.

"Wait a mo, I'll get the kit." She patted his arm before moving into the kitchen to get the first aid kit out of the drawer. That's what she was looking for, tweezers. She set the box down on the counter behind him, training her eyes back on him only to find that he'd already put his hand out. "Alright, hold still."
The boy sighed and pouted, pulling a giggle out of her. He looked ridiculous; his hair swept down over his forehead, cheeks red and puffy from a combination of the cold and however many pints he'd consumed earlier. "Ni, hold still." He was wiggling away from her and nearly off the stool. She put a hand on his leg,

"Niall." His pout got bigger, if that was possible, but he stopped moving. She finally got hold of the end of the thorn and pulled gently. It didn't budge. Niall whimpered. Her brows came together. "One, three," she yanked it out before the boy could jerk his hand away. "Seven." She finished, holding it up to the light to get a better look. "Did you get that rose out of Rodney's yard?" She glanced back at him. His eyes were watering as he shook his head. "Ahuh, sure babe."

"He doesn't deserve them, Audrey. yOU do." Niall protested, his voice cracking. She shook her head at him, not even trying to hide the smile that was threatening to split her face. "Kiss it, kiss it better." He was close, so close that when she turned around she was met with his chest.

"Alright, love. Give it here." She drew his hand up to her lips, gently pressing them to where she'd pulled the thorn out. Niall swallowed thickly, he could've sworn he was melting.

"You're so drunk," she laughed, "cmon lover boy, let's get you to bed."

"Only if you come with meeee,"

After she'd successfully gotten him changed into something that was pajama like and convinced him to brush his teeth he collapsed into bed, Audrey climbing in next to him. He turned to face her, blue eyes suddenly serious. So serious that she scooted closer, their noses touching. His hands found hers in the sheets.

"You won't leave me, will you?" He mumbles it almost to himself, squeezing her hands. Audrey sucks in a breath, feeling like someone's just punched her in the gut.

"Niall, of course not." She rasps, letting go if his hands only to cup his face. His cheeks are wet. "Why would you ask me that?" Her thumbs trace his cheekbones, wiping his tears away. He holds her hands to his face.

"Audrey..." the boys eyes fall shut as he whispers her name, his breathing finally evening out.

"I would never leave you," her voice breaks with emotion. "Never..."

"love you," he mumbles

~

Where is his phone when he wakes up I bet he left it at the bar.

Audrey probably goes to get it while he's still passed out she uses the finder app. She walks in and doesn't even have to ask because Niall was talking about her all night to the bartender and he literally holds it out to her when she comes up to the bar.

"He's lucky to have you," she blinks at him in surprise, cheeks coloring as she takes the phone out of his outstretched hand. Tattoos swirl all the way up his arms, the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

"you think?" It slips out, a murmured question. The man nods, leaning over the counter as Audrey takes a seat. She clutches his phone in one hand, the other raking through her hair. "Not so sure,"

He throws a towel over his shoulder.

"He's sure. You're all he talked about." Her cheeks flamed again. "Get ya anything?" Her brows furrow but then she shrugs.

"Something fruity with almost no alcohol?"

"You want some juice?" His grin was lopsided

"Yeah, love me some juice."