fed up

Avengers storyline:

The one where she gets fed up with Steve and starts a fist fight that no one can stop bc it's Cap and Rina???
He says something stupid and really insensitive probably maybe about Sam? and she loses it for two seconds and catches him square in the jaw.

Mm, false- she punches him across the room. And Tony happily watches. Until they start breaking important things, anyway.

"Why can't you just keep your pretty mouth shut, Rogers?" She placed her mug down rather forcefully, eyes sparking blue while trained on the man sitting across the table from her. In the split second it takes Steve to meet her gaze she lifts him out his chair-only by a few feet, before jumping over the table to punch him with nearly full force. He flies into the wall with a smack, definitely leaving a dent.

"Damn it, Rina, this is my favorite shirt!"

"Oh, well it's a good thing you have twenty more exactly like it!" She's flying towards him, fists flaming blue while the same color in her eyes glows brighter.

Bucky was asleep, like sound asleep. They were letting him rest because it wasn't often that he passed out and could stay passed out. Jarvis had locked his door, alerting the team that Mr. Barnes needed to sleep for as long as possible. No one had a problem with it.

There were no problems so far that morning, until Steve had to open his big mouth and say something completely idiotic and insensitive about Sam Warner right to Rina's face. So, yes, her only problem was Steve Rogers being an actual idiot. Usually, she could keep her feelings of mild hatred in check but that morning was a different story. She seemed to be on edge in the first place, probably because she hadn't slept well herself. Working with Bucky on his mind blocks had taken a bigger toll on her than she'd anticipated.

BASICALLY, Bucky was asleep until Rina throws Cap out the front window, the sound of the glass shattering jolting him awake.

He's terribly disoriented at first, which wasn't unusual. The crashes continue and his mind snaps to an attack! But why weren't any alarms going off?

"Jarvis," he rasps, pulling the sheets off himself and getting out of bed.

"Yes mister Barnes." The AI replies.

"What's all the noise?" He yawns, drawn to the live footage that pops up in front of him, gaze darting back and forth between Rina's glowing figure to Cap's already rough appearance. The mans nose and mouth were bloody, cheekbone bruised, skin littered with cuts. Rina looked nearly perfect, her messy hair the only tell that she's been throwing punches. "Who started it?" Bucky already had a pretty good idea but he wanted to make sure, pulling a pair of shorts on over his briefs. Jarvis rewound the footage, stopping when everyone was sat around the table. Rina sipped her tea, caps mouth moving as he said something no doubt offensive. Bucky watched as Rina's body went rigid, her cup clattering on the table as she lifted Cap out of his chair before sucker punching him right into the wall nearly 20 feet behind them.
"Steve, you idiot." He mumbled to himself, rushing out the door so fast he forgot a shirt.

Steve had always pictured a one on one fight with Rina, but he'd always thought they would be evenly matched. In this moment he'd never been more wrong. She wasn't even using her powers and he was getting his ass kicked. He falls to his knees in front of her, catching another punch to the face as she stands over him, only slightly out of breath.

"Katrina," Bucky doesn't yell and he doesn't need to; she sensed him as soon as he stepped into the room. Before he could even begin to lecture her, or try to stop her, or say whatever he was going to say- she turned to face him, momentarily thrown because goddammit he wasn't wearing a fucking shirt. His toned torso was on full display, metal arm and all.

Fuck men.

He opened his mouth again and she spoke:

"I make it a habit to not regret my decisions, but this?" she glanced at Tony for a moment before looking back at Bucky. "This was a mistake." She wiped the blood from her lip with the back of her hand, holding the soldiers gaze for a few seconds more before taking a step and teleporting out of the area.

They would try to track her, that much she knew.