"And what the fuck gave you the impression you had the choice to do otherwise? You knocked up my daughter, Benito! You got her pregnant! I'm happy you've decided to be a man," he suddenly shifts to a fatherly mood but hey, he doesn't reject the idea, so I don't bother about his straight rough way of talking to me.

He's right, after all. I have a daughter as well and while I know very well my feelings for Eve, I wouldn't trust any motherfucker around my daughter before checking him myself.

"Well, thanks, man. I really appreciate that," I reply in a grateful tone.

"Welcome, Enzo. Now go, make my daughter happy," he replies, chuckling.

"Sure, Luc," I say with a smile and cut short the call.

The time on the screen of my phone says I should get ready so I stand up from the chair next to the windows and walk towards the bathroom but soon I stop in my way, shifting my eyes to the door and I can't fight the urge to check on my Eve once more, walking to our bedroom's door where I stop, eavesdropping and smiling enchanted by Eve's voice I can hear in light trills.

I hardly manage to rip myself from my spot and walk back into the guest room.

I take out the black box from my pocket, leave it on the bed, and walk into the bathroom, turning on the shower and peeling off my shorts.

This is the second time in my life when I'm proposing, and I can't stop the sorrow engulfing me at the memories of Vivi.

This time I'll make it happen. This time I won't fail because if I fail I don't know how I'll continue living, I don't know by which shitty luck I'll have the right and the will to breathe every day.

I let the warm water rain over me, pinning my hands on the cold tiles of the shower wall and doing my best to ease my breath coming in pants.

It won't happen to Eve. I won't let it and for that reason, we'll move to NY within a month, I decide. I'll take Eve where she's safe and where we can raise our kids without the constant danger that I've grown up in.

I shake those thoughts away and come back to the present day, the day I'll make Eve my fiancé, my woman, my heaven.

I can't believe it has taken me almost an hour to be ready, but I am happy with the outcome, and I can only hope it will knock Eve down.

The sharply pressed line of my black Italian suit pants can almost cut skin and the shirt is paper white, perfectly steamed.

I put on the royal blue cufflinks matching the bow tie and when the time comes, I throw on my shoulders the suit jacket, shoving my arms on the sleeves and running once more my hands through my hair which never stays out of my eyes, taking one last look at myself in the mirror.

"Like a groom" I smirk and turn around towards the bed, grabbing my phone and the black box, shoving them in the pocket.

One more tensioned breath and I leave to pick up my girl.

Once I reach her door, I inhale deeply, smoothing my suit jacket with my palms and feeling my hands trembling.

I smile in defeat, shaking my head, completely giving in to that feeling of endless love and hope that I'm the right man for her.

I can only hope that I'm worthy enough to protect her, that I'll make her the happiest, that she'll love me at least half as much as I love her. That will be enough for me.

What I know for sure is that I'll fight every day to be the man who deserves her.

I lift my hand and knock lightly twice and before I let my arms fall along my sides, the door opens wide, revealing in front of me the most beautiful woman I've ever had the luck to lay my eyes on.