Chapter | Forty 🔞

        I fetch the car keys from the drawer of my home office desk and walk into the hallway, strolling to my bedroom where I'm planning to have a cold shower to put me back on my feet

I fetch the car keys from the drawer of my home office desk and walk into the hallway, strolling to my bedroom where I'm planning to have a cold shower to put me back on my feet. I could kill for some rest! I haven't had a good rest in weeks and I'm hoping some fine whiskey will knock me down tonight.

It has been a rather full day today. I'm still supposed to meet Mario this evening and some other two partners for the shipment we've lost, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel. I feel exhausted, and I must travel tonight.

The situation with the shipment seems to be solved anyway, I don't understand why Mario insists to have this meeting. He says it's recovered. Well, not really recovered, but we know where it is. We only need to get it back.

He says he'll take care of it and I give him full authority because I don't give a shit on the diamonds' cargo, even though I know my partners will give me a fucking brain rub for it.

I want one diamond only, the pink diamond ring that I've ordered especially for my Eve.

It's supposed to lie on her thin, elegant finger right now and not in the hands of some fuckers, but I trust Mario will bring the cargo back in a couple of days. I've let him know that all I need is my pink diamond.

He looked at me with a stupid stare when I told him, making me laugh but I didn't bother explaining.

He acts weird anyway and the injury he has suffered recently seems to be a big, fat fucking lie.

He became even more puzzled when I told him he can share the shipment between the other two families, a little compensation for being so understanding with the late delivery.

I hope it will shut their mouths.

I make a mental note to go deeper into his matter at a later time.

I look on the racks of the closet to find something to wear, picking up an ash blue suit pants with a black shirt that I neatly lay on the bed before having a quick shower. And like every time, I shower with the memories of Eve tormenting my thoughts.