Chapter 38: Mirror Magic

Start from the beginning

She points to the large group of girls who had their eyes glued to a TV monitor that showed their music video as the two of you approached them.

(Y/N): Huh, I had no idea our video was still being aired at the mall.

Rainbow Dash: Well, of course it's still airing. Because we're awesome!

Indigo Zap: Totally!

Shadow Moonlight: I think we won because we were the only ones who submitted a video. I mean, I don't think they were expecting anyone, let alone, a bunch of high school students to have the budget for something like that.

(Y/N): I guess that makes us more lucky that no one else entered. If they had, we probably wouldn't have gotten the funds needed for Camp Everfree. Still, everything pulled through in the end.

You looked on the table and noticed that Sunset had brought her journal with her.

(Y/N): Messaging Princess Twilight, Sunshine?

Sunset Shimmer: Yep, just telling her about the things that happened in the past week.

Sunlight Shimmer: You seem really fixated on talking to this other Twilight. *jokingly* I guess talking to yourself isn't good enough for you.

Sunset Shimmer: *jokingly* Come on, "I" know that that's not true.

Sunlight chuckles and gives her pony counterpart a playful punch to the shoulder.

Sunlight Shimmer: *chuckles* I know, "me".

(Y/N): *thinking* So we got Trixie speaking in third person, everyone else speaking in second person, and these two in first person. I swear, someday I may encounter someone speaking in fourth person if that even exists.

Shadow Moonlight: *whisper* I seriously hope this doesn't happen to Star.

(Y/N): *whisper* Who knows but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Shadow Moonlight: So, the Daring Do movie is coming out in a few days. Can't wait to see it.

Rainbow Dash: And it's gonna be better now that we're movie stars!

Indigo Zap: Wait, what?

(Y/N): *sigh* Rainbow, I think that's your cue to stop-

Rainbow Dash: Oh, you didn't see the poster? We're all there in the bottom right corner.

She points to a nearby poster and sure enough you and the others could be seen there.

(Y/N): Rainbow, we're not movie stars. We only had background character roles.

At that moment you could've sworn you saw Shadow's pendant flash again as his facial expression grew more timid and calm.

Shadow Moonlight: Don't be like that, Y/N. You still made an appearance in a soon to be popular film. I think that's something to be proud of.

(Y/N): I'm not saying it's something you shouldn't be proud of, I'm just saying that just because we got one small role in one movie doesn't automatically make us movie stars. If you were to continuously appear though and more people were to recognize you, then that'd be different.

Shadow Moonlight: Still, you still have a part in a movie and one that's part of a really popular franchise. Not a lot of people can get that opportunity.

Rainbow Dash: I know! It's one of the most amazing things I've ever gotten to do!

(Y/N): Heh, I bet, Dashie.

On the other side of the mall, Juniper Montage was seen walking through the mall by herself as various monitors started playing yours and the girls' music video which only made her more and more irritated with each time she saw them.