Chapter 43

Ethan's POV

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Paige wasn't answering her phone. Neither were Petter or Andrew. They were supposed to be with her at all times.

I need to go to Paige's old apartment. I asked one of the maids to keep an eye on Sara. Then James drove me to Paige's old apartment. When we got to the building, it was surrounded by police. Oh no Paige! I ran to the front entrance and a police stopped me.

"Sir you can't come inside" he said.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"It looks like a robbery gone wrong." He said.

What no? Paige! "I need to get thru, I can't get in touch with my finance, she was supposed to come here today." I said.

"Sorry sir, no one is allowed inside until we know exactly what happened" he said.

I turned around and made a phone call to city hall. I needed answers. I needed to find Paige.

Paige POV

I woke up and I was tied up to a chair. The restraints were around my arm and ankles were so tight. I tried to free myself but I couldn't. I looked around the room. There was a bed next to me and another chair in front of me. Nothing else. There wasn't any windows, there was just a small light that light the room. It looked like I was in a basement. I continued to try to free myself, but I couldn't.

I was so scared. What was going to become of me? What about my baby. I just found out I was going to be a mom. I needed to protect my baby. What about Ethan? And Sara? Was I ever going to see either one of them again?

Then I heard a door open from behind me and someone came walking some stairs. "Good you're up" I heard Carlos say from behind me. I didn't say anything. He walked over and stood in front of me. "Tell me what does it feel like? Huh? What does it feel like being locked up in here? Huh" he yelled at me. I didn't answer I simply looked at him. He smacked me hard on my cheek and I fell to the floor with my chair. I yelled out in pain. "Answer me when I talk to you bitch!" He said pulling at my hair. I yelled out in even more pain.

"Please stop. I'm sorry" I said crying. He finally let go of my hair and looked at me.

"Damn it" he said. "Aaaa" he yelled and he pulled my chair up. I looked at him. It seemed like his face changed. "I'm sorry" he said untying the restrains that were around my wrists. I looked at my wrists they were bleeding. "Oh no, damn it!" He yelled. "Steven!"

A man walked inside the basement. "Yes boss" he said.

"Bring me the first aid kit" Carlos told him.

"Right away boss" Steven said and he ran out of the room and came back within a minute.

"Leave" Carlos told him and the man walked out of the room. Carlos placed the other chair in front of me and sat down. Then he open the first aid kit and cleaned the blood from my wrists. I didn't know what was going on. Why was Carlos suddenly being so nice? He wrapped my wrists in bandages. "I'm sorry for hurting you Paige" he said. Then he untied my ankles.

I finally spoke. "Carlos, why did you bring me here?" I whispered scared he might get mad again.

"Paige it simple" he said. "It's because I love you" he said.

"What?" I gasped. "Carlos but you hate me" I said. He blamed me for his father's death. How could he say that he loved me.

"I don't hate you, I love you god damn it!" He said yelling at me. I flinched when he yelled at me. "Damn it, I did it again. Sorry." He said.

"It's ok" I said.

"I've always been in love with you. Ever since I met you. You were just a little girl but you captivated me. I saw the way my dad looked at you. I hated him for that. However he had a lot of power in this gang back then, when he went to jail, I was so happy. He couldn't hurt you like I knew he could. However the problem was he was still alive. That's when I made a plan and it worked. That plan was to kill my father." He paused and my eyes grew wide. " I had to play along and pretend like I was mad my dad was in jail and was killed. That way I could get a better position in this gang. I wanted to be come a leader. That way I could make the rules. That way we could be together" he said grabbing my hands. Then he let go of my hands. "The problem was I lost your trace when you left foster care. You hid from me, but I found you" he paused once again and he stood up from the chair in front of me. "The problem was when I found you, you ran away and then when I find you once again, I find out you're engaged to some idiot!" he said picking up the chair and throwing it into the wall. It shatter into pieces. Carlos definitely had an anger issue. "No one can have you Paige! Do you understand? You belong to me!" He said grabbing onto my wrists. "Do you hear me?! You're mine!" He yelled in my face. I was beyond scared. "Say it. Say that you understand that you are mine!" He yelled tightening his grip on my wrists.

"I understand" I whispered. He finally released me and took a step back.

"Good." Now get some rest. There is no way out of here. You have a restroom over there. I have people watching this place 24/7, don't do anything stupid. I don't want to hurt you" he said and he walked behind me. I turned around and saw him go up some stairs and I heard him close and lock the door behind him.

I got out of the chair and went onto the bed that was next to the chair. Then I cried myself to sleep.