Chapter 13

Paige POV

Time was flying by. Before we knew it, it was October. Halloween came around and I took Sara trick or treating. I took lots of pictures and I sent them to Ethan. He got caught up at work and was sad he didn't make it.

Even tho he had a lot of work to do, it seemed that his relationship with Sara was getting a lot better. I was glad to see them getting closer.

It was now mind November. I just finished an afternoon class and I was waiting for Christopher to pick me up. He was a new chauffeur and still he trouble getting around. I called him and texted him but he never answered. I decided to take the bus home.

I walked to the bus stop near the school and waited. The bus arrived early and I transferred to the second bus stop. This stop however was in a sketchy part of town.

I was waiting for the other bus to pass by but it seemed to be delayed. I saw a bakery down the street and I thought I could get something for Sara. I walked down the street. I was a block away and I had reached a parking lot. There I saw two guys walking behind me. I picked up the pace. Maybe this was a bad idea.

I could feel them closing in on me. Then one of them grabbed me. "Well we'll well. Who are you princess?" One of them said.

"We just want to say hi" the other one said.

"Let me go!" I yelled at them trying to free myself.

"You know you kind of look like someone my boss is looking for." One of them said.

"Yes she kind of does." The other one said.

I tried to run away. But they both had their hold on me. "Help!!!" I yelled out.

One of them pulled a knife at me. "Shut it or else" he said putting the knife against my throat.

"What the hell is all the commotion. What are you idiots up to?" I heard someone yell from behind.

"We found someone that looks like your girl boss." One of them said.

"Yeah boss look" the other one said turning me around.

I came face to face with my worst nightmare. "What the hell. I can't believe it. It's you. Well isn't today my lucky day. I finally found you Paige" my eyes grew wide. It was Carlos.

"Sir I don't know what you're talking about..." I said.

"Don't play dumb Paige, it doesn't suit you. This ladies and gentlemen is my little step sister Paige. This is the bitch who got my dad in Jail." He said. "You know Paige it was really hard to find you. You've been keeping a low profile. I'll give you that much. Do you know what happened to our dearest daddy?" Carlos asked me.

"Is this your sister boss?" One of the men asked him.

"No, this little bitch is my stepsister." He said looking at me. "Where did you hide all this time Paige?" Huh.

A guy punched me. "Answer him!"

Carlos grew outraged. "Don't touch her!" He hit the guy. "Never touch her!" He said.

"Sorry boss" The man said on the floor.

"Now Paige lets get going!" Carlos grabbed my hand.

"No! Help! Please somebody help!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I would never see the light of day again if he took me.

Thankfully it seemed like someone heard me the first time. I heard a police car. This was my chance. I hit Carlos and ran with all my might towards the police car.

"This isn't over! You know I run the streets! I'm going to find you!" He yelled as he got away.

I ran with all my might and made signals to the police. The officers weren't able to find the men. I was so shocked that I couldn't speak. They took me to the police station.

I sat down and started shaking. No Carlos found me. He was going to hurt me. He was going to take me. No. He was a gang member before and from what I could tell he was a boss now. He was going to find me. He was going to find me.

All of a sudden Ethan ran into the police station. Without even thinking I ran into his arms. He hugged me immediately.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

"Well it looked like this young lady was going to be mugged. She yelled for help and someone fortunately heard her and we made it to her in time." An officer answered him. "However it seems like she a little shaken up. We weren't able to get her to speak. An officer looked thru her phone and we were able to contact you."

I heard them talking but the same thoughts kept going on in my head. I started crying hysterically. Ethan hugged me tighter. "It's ok. I'm here you're safe" he said.

"Well come back to get her statement. I'm going to make sure she's alright" I heard Ethan tell the police officer.

He helped me into his car and buckled my seat belt.

I must of fallen asleep because I didn't remember anything after that.

Ethan POV

I'm so glad I found her. The stupid chauffeur I hired got lost and didn't pick up Paige. I tried calling her but her phone sent me to Voice mail.

Then I receive a phone call from the police station saying there's a girl there but they can't get her to talk. Her description fit Paige's description. Thankfully Sara fell asleep while watching a movie, as we waited for Paige.

I got to the police station and as soon as I did Paige ran into my arms and started crying and shaking. The police officer explained what happed. I was beyond mad. However Paige needed me. I told the officer we would come back to get her statement.

I helped her in the car and buckled her up. It seems she fell asleep from all the crying.

I drove as fast as I could to get her home. I couldn't let Sara see her like this. I carried her into the guest room. I was about to walk out when I heard. "Please don't leave me. He's going to get me. He's going to hurt me." She said and started crying and shaking. I got in bed with her and wrapped my hand around her.

I patted her back. "I'll protect you. It's going to be ok" I said while patting her back.

Who was she talking about? Who wanted to hurt her. What happened to her? I wanted to protect her. To make sure she was ok. To make sure nobody ever hurt her. "I'll protect you" I whispered. "I'll always protect you."