Ivan furrowed his brows before he reached for my top and pulled it down, revealing the set of claw marks and bruises Stephan left earlier.

I gaze at the marks and feel my heart drop, like I stated before, I had not anticipated this. Silence filled in between us but the only thought that was running through my mind was that if Stephan was capable of doing this, what more could he possibly do?

I brush off the thoughts and wipe my tears as I glance up at Ivan, my lips parted slightly when I saw his face. It was filled with rage.

"He touched you." He said and clenched my top in his hand, "I swear I'm going to fucking murder that bastard."

"I-Ivan, no!" I began to panic when Ivan released my top and headed towards the front door but before he could reach his door, I stopped him. "I don't need you to do this, that's not why I came here. Please, calm down."

"Lana, he fucking hurt you. I want to hurt him. He touched what is mine, I'm going to break his jaws." Ivan trembled with growing anger, his jaws clenched as his face became red. His eyes split into two as he clenched his fists and released a harsh breath but all I did was frown up at him.

"Please Ivan, don't do this." I whisper as a tear slides down my face, "I just want you to stay with me here. I need you here."

For a moment, I thought I failed to convince him to stay. I thought Ivan would release me anyway and just leave because he was furious but I was wrong. When I pleaded with him, a huge frown took over his face and he grabbed my face and hauled me into his chest, stuffing my face into his hard chest. I felt his heart punching the side of my face; he was heated. He wanted to do something but I stopped him.

I felt his hold; it summoned me to accept his security. I knew he didn't want to let go of me, he wanted to keep me safe with this hold and many more holds. The feeling was too familiar and so, I felt complete relief take over my whole chest as I welcomed it.

I wrap my arms around him and whimper, I wanted this. I knew I wanted this. I want him back, I want what we had years ago but what is stopping me? Ivan? Why don't I just have a civilised conversation with him? Why do I feel like it's necessary to think about this numerous times?

Amelia.

No. It's would be ideal for her, it is her father after all. Why am I searching for reasons to restrict this from happening?

I couldn't help but frown against his chest because I felt a deep ache reach for my stomach, I didn't like this at all.

***

Once I settled down, Ivan returned to me all bathed and fresh. It's been a couple of hours since I arrived here with Amelia and in the time that I was here, I watched Amelia in her sleep and then took a long shower, contemplating on what to do next. Throughout these couple of hours, Amelia was fast asleep.

I hadn't realised how tired she was.

I sit on the couch and linger in my thoughts until Ivan returned with a plate of food. He settled down next to me and placed my food on the coffee table right in front of me. I glance at the food and look away, my appetite was long gone so food was not the first thought that came to mind.

"You should eat. You haven't eaten since you arrived here."

"Ivan, I don't want to eat." I say before I run my hand through my damp hair and then rest them on my arm. "It's the least of my worries."

"I know but I want you to eat," he said and I glance at him, his expression were sombre. "you're going to eat whether you want it or not."

I blink away and nod my head, my temples were aching so much. After a few moments, I felt a burning gaze settle on me and it intimidated me. Ivan's silence intimidated me as he didn't speak a word. I bite my lip and then glance up at him, only to find him glaring at me.