Chapter 31

there is no
moon like you

- k.tolnoe

Lana

It was the next day, time had passed on too quickly. We slept and then we awoke just like that.

As I remain still in my desired position, I gaze at the small slit of the curtains, sunlight poured into the room, only proving that the sun had just risen. I glance at the digital clock on my nightstand and read the time, it was half eight in the morning.

Once I read the time, my gaze averts from the clock to the person partially under me, when I lay my eyes on him, my heart fluttered.

Ivan was sleeping soundly as I rest my head on his naked chest. He was laying, facing up and from where I was, I could see that he was still asleep. He was sleeping like a baby, like he did not sleep for the past couple of days. His hair was an attractive mess, only further tempting me more to run my hands through them. His skin was glowing, so smooth and so silky, gosh I never forgot why I even fell so deep for this man. For a fleeting moment, I was struck out of my reverie when I felt his possessive hold. His right arm was locked around me, as if he was protecting me even in his sleep. My right leg was draped across him as I snuggle closer, however, I still couldn't take my eyes off him.

"You should take a picture, you can stare at me all day."

I snapped back to reality when I thought I heard Ivan's deep croaky voice penetrating my ears and in the moment, I blink incredulously at him as I wait for him to move. He didn't move at all, his eyes didn't move or even open, they were still closed. I could feel my face beginning to heat up from the inevitable embarrassment. My heart raced for a second as my palms were becoming sweaty while they rested on his torso, I was beginning to believe that I was hallucinating, that he was still asleep right in this moment, but a second later, he opened one eye and glanced down at me.

I was caught red handed and guilty.

"Ivan." I groaned as I feel my cheeks redden and heated, I look away and slightly push him away as the deep amount of timidity overwhelms me. "You're so self-conceited."

As I pull away from him, Ivan grabs my arms and hauls me back into his embrace, and while he did I could hear his deep chuckle that sent something spiralling into the pit of my stomach. I curl into his hold and glance up at him while he glanced down at me, victory flashed across his eyes when he began to caress my naked back with his fingers, and I was prepared to give in already.

"I was only trying to help." He chuckled once again, "Good morning."

"Good morning." I mumble shyly before I glance up at him and make eye contact with him. A smile spread across his sleepy face as he seemed drunk and I couldn't help but feel a smirk creep upon my lips. The sight was for sore eyes. I grab his chin, which instantly caught him off guard. That same smile was no longer there, it was replaced with bafflement as he watched me. "I don't need to take a picture when I can stare at you all day."

I lean closer and kiss him where he least expected. I kissed him on the edge of his lips, on his face, right in the corner of his lips. My lips lingered there for a while before I pull away. While I did so, I felt Ivan's strong muscle flex against my skin. I pull away and bite my lips before I gaze deeply into his eyes, they were no longer drooping with sleep, in fact they were very much awake.

"I wished you had never done that Lana," he said as his hold was much more firmer and possessive than before. "You just robbed me of my first kiss of the day, now I need to get more than one kiss."