Chapter 21

faith tied us together
but knots can be
untangled

- l.z

***

Lana

I close my eyes and feel his lips moving slowly against mine, his hands clasped my hands and his fingers intertwined with mine. I feel hot air fanning my skin each time he pulls away to kiss me, I fight the urge to pull my hand away from his hold but fail to.

"Good morning."

I pull away and open my eyes to find Stephan gazing down at me. His bites his lips as a small smile lurks out, I scrutinise his appearance and feel my stomach turn because I've been seeing this everyday now. I gulped at his unruly hair; it was so cute.

I sigh nonchalantly before a small smile spreads across my lips.

"Good morning baby." I coo as I hold his face and pull him towards me to kiss his lips again. Stephan hauls me before he flips us over, I squeal as his fingers rubbed my sensitive areas, causing me to burst out laughing as he tickled me.

It's been nearly three months since I've realised that Stephan was good for me and to be honest, it was the best decision I've made. Stephan was so good to me, it really did feel like I gotten the old Stephan back. The day he asked me, was the day I realised that this was meant to be.

Ever since Ivan left for the second time, my thoughts were all over the place. It took me a week to comprehend that he actually left but I was glad that he did because I didn't want to experience what I felt five years ago all over again.

I've learnt that Ivan was good at leaving but Stephan was so good at staying and loving me and Amelia like we were his own.

Ivan was gone forever and it was time for me to start this new chapter in my life, with Stephan. I gave him a chance and he proved it to me that he was perfect for me and Amelia.

Ever since Ivan had left, Amelia did ask about him multiple times and I've been honest with her. I've told her multiples times that Ivan left and was never going to come back.

"What do you want to do today?" He mumbled against my lips as I lay on top of him and lean my head on his.

"I want to stay in bed all day."

"Really?" He asked, "It's our last day here, you really want to spend it in bed?"

After weeks worth of back to back work, Stephan thought it would be a great idea to surprise me with a trip to Hawaii. At first, the thought of a holiday really did not sit well with me, especially when the hospital has been the busiest and I couldn't leave Amelia alone. However, dad convinced me somehow. He promised to look after Amelia and told me that I didn't have to come into work for a week.

Eventually, a trip to Hawaii didn't sound too bad after all.

"Sounds like a plan... yeah.." I chuckled before he wrapped his arms around me,

"Come on, get up. I want to walk through the beach. We'll go for a swim too."

For the past couple of days, Stephan and I were occupied. We always had something to do but today seemed like it was going to be calm and quiet. Just what I needed just before I return back home to chaos.

After a few hours of relaxing and swimming, I head for a shower. I showered and cleaned up before I reach the room where I expected to be alone, but I was far from it. Stephan was here placing the room back and forth as he spoke aggressively to the phone.