Chapter 23

better times
are coming.

- k.tolnoe

Lana

"Everything looks perfect, your baby is in good shape. If you feel any pain or discomfort, feel free to call or visit the emergency room."

I sigh heavily as I remove the latex gloves from my hand and then stand up from my seat. I give the patient a smile before I walk out the room, leaving her and her partner to get ready to leave in their own time. As I walk through the corridors of the hospital, I walk past dad's window and find him in his room.

I knock on his door and push the door open, dad was sitting on his chair as he was going through something but when I let myself in, he settled the papers down and pulled his glasses away from his face.

I haven't seen dad or Amelia ever since before I left for Hawaii with Stephan. I watch dad with a somber expression as my throat began to close up. I still can't believe dad was doing this to me.

"How is Amelia doing?" I ask as I approach his desk,

"Lana," he grunted before he stood up and frowned at me, "I'm not restricting you from seeing her. You can see her."

I watch dad incredulously and scoff before I cross my hand against my chest,
"Is that so? I've been back from Hawaii nearly a week now and you couldn't inform me that before? What is wrong with you?"

"Calm down-"

"Dad, this is ridiculous. You're being ridiculous. You need to let go of this and give me my daughter back!"

"Lana, we've spoken about this. I'm not going to do that until you keep Ivan-"

"I can't! Have you any idea why he even came back? You took Amelia away from me without even knowing his reasonings! Ivan returned because his wife is pregnant. Dad, how has that got anything to do with me?"

Dad frowned at me and had nothing to say, just like how I imagined him to be speechless.

"But he has still returned which means you'll see him. Amelia will see him."

"What? You're being beyond unreasonable." I spit, "Yes, he'll be back, but does that mean you're going to stop serving him? He is a patient like any other patient at your hospital."

He still had nothing to say as he looked away and frowned deeply. My system was flaring with anger as I watch dad; seriously, who influenced him to make such implausible decisions like this?

"Amelia is returning back home today. I will pick her up from kindergarten."

"No you're not."

I glared at him once again and feel all the anger I could possibly feel right about now just boiling in my stream. Never in my entire life did I feel this way towards my own father, my only parent and my supporter. He never spoke to me like this before and it shocked me to even experience this. It seemed as though he was challenging me with his the glare he companied me with and the more I watch his face, the more uncomfortable I felt.

"She is my daughter. Mine." I gritted through my teeth, as my voice was low and pained. "You have no right to take what's mine."

I glare at him for a second before I turn around and walk out of his office. I feel my stomach falling apart as I walk away from his office, what happened to him?

When I reached my office, I find Riley waiting for me. Her face filled with relief when she rushed to my desk and spared the file in her grasp onto my desk.