Chapter 27

someday
my heart
will heal.

- unknown

WARNING - MATURE CONTENT (18+ ONLY)

Lana

In the years I've known Stephan, there was never a time where he acted like he did today. It was alarming and disturbing to even witness, let alone endure. The animosity he displayed was intimidating, I don't understand why he feels like that. I've been truthful to him, loyal to him and cared for him too, so what was wrong with him?

My heart raced as I rush towards the very place I least expected to return to. As I reached the door, I found myself frantically knocking on the door. It wasn't because I feared that I'd get caught, it was more that Amelia was crying uncontrollably in my arms. Her cries made me cry, I panicked because she saw everything.

"Lana?"

I glance up at the door from Amelia and just freeze on my feet. I don't know why I felt like this but I froze at the sight of him. Ivan stood at the door, as he opened it he glanced at the both of us before recognition flashed his face. Once it did, his brows knitted together and concern laced his whole face. Amelia continued to cry on my shoulder while I tremble, regretting even ever coming here.

"Lana, what's... what happened?" He questions as he reached for me and Amelia, his gaze reached Amelia's as he reached for her but she just flinches and gripped onto me.

"Baby, it's okay. It's only Ivan, he is here to help us." I whisper to her, she cowered her head and glances at Ivan before she slowly pulls away from me and reaches Ivan.

Amelia immediately latched onto him, she shoved her face in the nape of his neck and held him firmly while Ivan watched me with concern.

"Hey, hey.. hey baby, you're safe here with me. Amelia, stop crying I'm here now. Daddy is here."

My heart raced in my chest as Ivan walked away with a hysterical Amelia in his arms, to calm her down. I step inside his home and close the door behind me, silence followed the whole atmosphere and I begin to realise that nobody was here, Estella was in LA with her parents.

Once I reached his lounge, Ivan and Amelia was nowhere to be seen. I sigh as I could hear my shaky breath because I began to panic on my own. Stephan was still in my home, he could do anything right now.

I bite my lip and pace back and forth as I tremble, I rub my head as a dull ache formed from the action. Stephan shoved me against the wall so badly, I hurt my head.

After a few moment, Ivan returned from the stairs. I glance over at him and flinch as he stares at me before he walks towards me.

"What happened, Lana? Amelia is so frightened, she couldn't get a word out."

My throat burned so much and my temples felt like it was about to explode. When Ivan reaches closer to me, I burst into tears. A second later, I felt his hard chest against my face while his strong arms wrapped around me. I clenched my fists and hold onto him as I felt his chin resting on my head, I could hear his heart racing as he held me.

"Come on Lana, you need to tell me what happened? Why are you both crying so much? I'm starting to get worried."

"I'm s-sorry," I say as I slightly pull away, "Amelia witnessed me and Stephan fight, it intimidated her. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here."

"Fighting? What about? What happened?" He asked and reached for my arms and shoulders to place me down on the couch however, as soon as he did, I hissed out in pain. His touch left a burning sensation to my skin under my clothes, I didn't realise that I had these injuries.