Confession

*RIIIIIIINNGGGG*

"Alright ya little ankle biters, you can go." 

All of us begin to pack up our stuff as the bell rings and Aizawa dismissed us.

I stuff the notebook used to write all my information for this school trip into my bag. Without even looking, I could tell Bakugou was right behind me.

"Hey Bakuhoe." I cheer out, turning around and putting the bag strap over my shoulders. 

"Hey." He states, almost in a monotone tone.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned.

He shrugs and pulls up his bag on his shoulder.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I sigh and grab his hand in mine. He flinches before squeezing my hand back. 

I wonder what's his mind... Why is he so off today?

We both walk in silence. What confused me, is he hasn't said a single thing, nor has he said where we were going. He hasn't even sent me a second glance, just continues to strut forwards.

Did I miss something... Did something happen that I don't know of?

Did he tell me something that I didn't hear?

"Hibiki." 

Bakugou's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, bringing back to reality. I hadn't even noticed, but we were in the back of the school, by the gym. Alone.

"Baku... Why did you bring me here?" I mutter, glancing over to him. His eyes were focused, but not on me... The were on the sky.

He exhales. "Hibiki... What do you know of love?" He asks softly, not looking away from the blue hues of the sky.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Love? 

Why did he bring up love? Does he like someone?

"I-I don't know. I mean, I've never fallen in love so I can't give an accurate opinion." I say, still confused yet now intrigued.

"Even so, what do you think love is?" He queries, his voice seems almost wishful.

I shrug. "Uhm. I honestly don't know Bakugou..."

His shoulders droop slightly, but a small smile grows on his lips. "You know what I think love is?" 

I nod.

"Love is when you care for someone so much, you will do anything to make them happy. When all you do is look at them and your day becomes perfect. You feel so deeply for a person and yearn for them and only them." He bites his lip nervously.

Before he could continue, I cut him off. "To me, love seems kinda lonely."

He sucks in a breath quickly at my statement. 

Huh?

"Why do you think that?" He asks, voice now a bit solemn.

This time, I look up to the sky. "If love truly is amazing, why do people get heart-broken? You say that you yearn for a person, but what if that person doesn't love you back? Do you still love them, or do you just hurt? How do you cope when you love someone but they love another? Love seems amazing, but to me... It seems sad. Why fall in love when you could get hurt in the process? Why risk putting yourself in pain for someone else?"

I turn my head to see Bakugou looking at the sky no more, but gazing at me. His eyes seemed to be glossed over with some sort of emotion. But I can't tell what.