12 || Saying Goodbye

*Mature scenes in this chapter

"Is this your house?" I ask as I examine the pictures displayed on the wall.

"Yes" he responds walking towards me shirtless.

He wraps his arms around my torso, pulling me to him.

"You're wearing my shirt" he whispers in my ear.

"I wasn't aware you wanted it back." I tell him leaning my head back against his shoulder.

"Hmm..." he murmurs as he places as gentle kiss behind my ear. "You do wear it quite well."

"Maybe I should wear this often then..." I tease him, turning my head to the side so that I could look at him. A michievous tingle in my eye.

"Maybe you should." he says kissing me, only this time in contrast with the kisses we exchanged during the last hour, he took his time with his kiss. He explored my mouth slowly, until there wasn't a place he hadn't gone before and my panties were ready to be dropped. Not that I was wearing any. I couldn't even tell you where they were right now.

Unfortunately, our sweet blissful moment was interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

"Black" he answered. His relaxed posture completely gone. "Yes, sir. No, sir. I understand. I'll let her know." He hangs up the phone.

"Was that Xander?" I ask him curious. It was almost too easy to forget about the events of this morning, but now that my entire focus wasn't on him, those thoughts came back in full force. "Did they find out who was following us?"

Carson doesn't reply, he simply moves quickly around the room and pulls on a new shirt from his dresser, and struggles to put on his shoes. He picks up his phone again and dials a number.

"Carson?"

He ignores me.

"This is Black. I'm going to need the plane ready in an hour." he orders hanging up right after.

"CARSON!" I yell, tired of him ignoring my question. He finally stops moving and looks at me "What the hell is going on!?"

"Your father requested your immediate return home." he informs me "Your safety has been compromised. You are no longer safe in Cairo."

"What? No! I can't just leave!" I argue confused and angry "Why would anyone even want to hurt me? Wait, was that him on the phone?"

He doesn't respond.

"Get dressed." he commands "Your father wants you out of Cairo as fast as possible." he says without much emotion, moving around the room, putting on his discard weapons.

"Carson" I call out walking towards him, placing my hand in his arm, trying to make him pay attention to me. He pauses his actions but doesn't look at me. "Hey..." I call out gently placing my other hand softly on his cheek. He looks at me. "Tell me what's happening."

He exhales tense. Gently he takes my hand from his cheek and holds it securely with his own.

"The team lost track of the vehicle, but they managed to trace his movements the last few days. It lead them to a warehouse a few miles from here."

"What did they find?"

"Pictures."

"What kind of pictures?"

"The kind that tell us that whoever took them is obsessed with you and your family." he informs me. "There were files on all members of your family, along with pictures of every single member and close associates. Whoever this is, he has spent a lot of time watching you and learning everything there was to know about your family."