39. The Big Day

For the duration of Alaska's heat my father had thrown her into my room until he knew we had successfully mated

For the duration of Alaska's heat my father had thrown her into my room until he knew we had successfully mated. I gave myself to her every day for several days. It had been very much the same as the first time. I let my instinct take over and voided out an internal emotion I was feeling of shame or guilt.

My wolf had taken over and had taken his mate repeatedly, pumping as much of my essence into her as I could. I had thought she would surely be with child by now, but she was not. She had hoped to surprise me on our wedding day with the news but instead had found out she was not. An odd part of me had felt relieved that she was not having my young.

Young.

Just the thought of the word has my inner-animal nagging me. He wants to be with Pere, wants to be with his pregnant female, as do I. King Raven is with her now and a part of me hates him for it. I was thankful but I hated that he was able to be there for her, see her full and round with our children.

I growl out in irritation not wanting this day to happen but it must. I need to wed Princess Alaska because the moment I do the crown will be bestowed onto me. This realm will be my own and the laws of the Land Realm and Sky Realm's will change for the betterment of it's mutual heirs.

King Raven and I will have our work cut out for us to try and get the other two realms to agree to any kind of change in our laws. Once they see we are capable of making hybrid children then maybe they will listen. Who knows what else is possible? Maybe all it takes is a king to bed a female of his realm after she has been bedded by another creature.

Thoughts of such course throughout my mind. I wonder if Alaska could get pregnant or if it was just something about Pere that made her different, capable of handling the seed of another creature; my seed. My mind goes back to when we were children. No, not just any creature. I would gather it has to do with Pere herself. She always seemed more of a creature of the land then she was the sky.

"Timber," I turn once I hear Sir Gregory's voice, "it is time." I do not say anything to him as I make my way out of the room and down to the wedding ceremony.

Everyone gets seated and waits for the proceedings to commence. As I look around I notice Lord Heron in the king's place and feel an automatic uneasiness roll through me.

The king had not come because Pere was pregnant and we knew why Pere had not come. Everyone here, all of the creatures of the land, would know she was carrying my young. She would smell heavily of me now. An ache spreads through my chest again at the thought.

My mind conjures images of her. Nothing in me has ever longed for anything so much in this moment but to have Pere be the one to wed me. But that would never happen now. She is back in her realm full and round and pregnant with our young, married to her king.

My young.

I feel a tremor inside of me and make myself repress it. There is music and things start to happen as I stand there waiting for Alaska. I am having a hard time processing everything because something inside of me feels off. Mate. Yes, my mate is walking toward me and yes, we are about to get married. I have to reassure myself seemingly.