Chapter 37(A Promise until the End)

Start from the beginning

"Do you know the circumstance of whatever your friend is trying to do?" He asked carefully.

Isabella nodded, "I do know. But I don't think he knows about it."

"Is this friend of your that Black Bull boy?" William asked.

Patri, who was within William mind, gaped.

Isabella shook her head, "No, it's someone else. And whatever he's going to do is going to cause a lot of problems. Not just to the ones he wanted it to cause. But also to himself and the ones he's close to."

Patri's eyes widened, is she talking about me?

This is a hard question. William said in his thoughts, "Can I know the problem?" William asked, hoping she can tell something.

Isabella glanced away, "I'm still not sure about telling you." She said, "But honestly, whenever I look at you, you remind me of him so much. Sometimes I wonder if you both are twins or the same person but in disguise."

Oh god! Patri pinched the bridge of his nose; you and I are in disguise alright. He chuckled at the thought.

William just chuckled at the thought, "I don't know about myself in disguise but why do you say that your friend and I are alike. Perhaps you acquired an ability that can help you see?"

Isabella just smiled, "Nothing like that, good sir. It's simply his and yours pattern that is alike."

Well, that explains it. Patri spoke within William's mind, Can we change that?

I have no idea. He then asked, "Isabella is what you're saying about your friend, will his friends be in danger if he... does what he wants?"

"They will be in danger."

There you have it, Patri.

Yeah but still we-

"But the most danger would be on my friend."

That made both of them stopped.

"What he's trying to do... whatever he's doing, the main thing is trying to target him. I just pray that he doesn't fall in disparity. Because if he does, he won't be the same."

Patri was all flabbergasted by this outcome of words.

"He'll become something that won't even be himself."

They remained silent for a while, processing what the young mage has just spoken of. It's true that Isabella had a strange, cryptic side that no one can ever comprehend. She was just full of surprises.

Isabella then asked for something unexpected, "Captain, do you think I can train with you?"

William lips were parted in surprise, "Huh?"

Patri on the other hand had a huge grin, Well would ya look at that!

"You want to train with me?" He asked to which he got a nod. He smiled, "Of course you can."

"Alright then!" She stood up.

"Wait, right now?" This made him perplexed.

"Yes!"

"But I have to-"

"One minute that's all I need."

William was surprised by the time limit, "Isn't that a bit too small."

"It will be worth for this spell of mine with your World Tree Magic."

"Alright!"

Why, I'm curious to see what it is. Patri thought with a grin.