Chapter 65 (So Close Yet So Far)

"Excuse me?"

He turned around to see a short girl, nearly around the age thirteen of fifteen walking towards him from behind. The girl was short and slender with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes that didn't seem to have light in them. She wore a white frock that came till her knees. Her frock was of full sleeves and her leg was covered in a white trouser that came till her ankle.

He then noticed that the girl had pointy ears. She was an elf.

"Yes?"

The girl looks at the man, her lips parted in surprise as she saw the man. The male elf too was a bit surprised by the sudden appearance of the newcomer. He has never seen her around. And he was the leader of all the elves no less.

"Can you tell me where I am?"

The older elf snapped from his gaze and quickly helped the unknown elf girl out, "you're outside the village of the elves. Why you ask? Wait a minute, I've never seen you from this village. Are you new here?" he then asked in curiosity.

"Actually I'm from the Heart Kingdom." The little girl spoke, "I was actually travelling to meet some people but I got lost. So I happened to spot you just to know directions."

"I didn't know there were elves living in other regions." Licht blinked in surprise.

"There are many elves in Heart Kingdom too. Though we tend to stay hidden from the human race."

"I see..." Licht then snapped into realization, he has no idea who the girl is, "Oh! Where are my manners? My name is Licht. Nice to meet you." He brought his hand out for a handshake.

The girl smiled, accepting his hand, "Nice to meet you too, Licht. My name is Isabella."

************

"AHH!"

They all turned to see Licht behind them, staring directly at Isabella who stood protectively towards Mimosa. The last thing she wanted was Mimosa getting hurt.

Though, she could not feel any malevolent intentions from him. He seemed... safe.

Licht then lunged forward.

Everything at that moment felt slow. All Isabella could do was watch the leader of the elves ever so slowly leaning towards her. Or rather lunging towards her. Her own vision felt hazy. She could not stop staring at the patterns of stars and swords in him. The more she sees them, the more she's reminded of herself.

"ISABELLA!"

With a devastating blow, Licht was thrown to the other side, crashing into the wall. Yuno's wind magic was powerful enough to knock him out of the way, keeping the monotone elf away from the girls.

Yuno appears near the girls, "Are you two okay?"

"Y-yeah..." Mimosa weakly affirmed.

Isabella simply nodded.

"Listen, you two should get out of here." Asta approached them, "This place is not save and the last thing we need here is you two getting hurt."

"But what about you two?" Mimosa asked with concern, "Their leader is too strong. We can't defeat him so easily."

"That's true but we can definitely buy some time. Plus..." Asta give a confident, "Like hell we're gonna give up."

"You know we can't leave you like this." Isabella said as she glances at Licht who was getting up.

"Well, no time for discussion." Asta readied himself, "Let's do this Yuno!"

"Right!"

Isabella just sigh, grabbing onto Mimosa's hand, who looks in confusion, "Good luck you too." With that, they both disappeared, leaving the two commoner boys to fight.