Chapter 3

(Jordan's POV)
It's the day of the funeral (first time I will be leaving my room since the hospital) and I am getting ready. I go down stairs and see breakfast is on the table. I grab a piece of bacon and say I'm going to take the dog for a walk and then I remember I'm on crutches. (Being on crutches is a natural thing for me, I play a lot of sports). So I go up to my room to kill time, and grab the outline for my speech, I also grab my phone and put it in the pocket of my black jeans.
The funeral went by for what felt like hours of crying and talking I mainly stayed in a corner by myself and I gave my speech, at the end I walked over to her and placed a drawing on her chest. We made the drawing in grade 6 after watching Liv and Maddie. It was us with the words "sisters by chance, friends by choice" above us. Then I went to the mic (I usually don't sing in public but I had to for my sister) and said "this is a song from our favourite TV show Liv and Maddie."

The boys from our hockey team walked behind me for support knowing I have stage fright. I sang "count me in" with tears in my eyes.

I then said "sis, you complete me, these past few days have been torture. I don't know what I'm going to do but know matter where you are you will always be my number one, my other half, my one and only twin sister. I wish I didn't have to play hockey with out you, we were the double Dutch champs of 04 and shoot out champs of 09 we did everything together, the most time we've spent apart was when you got the chicken pox, but I will always feel like your on the ice with me, but the place you have never and will never leave is my heart." I finished in tears.

My team mates giving me a hug that I never wanted to end. Slowly everybody pulled away until I was alone, I dropped unable to stand on one foot any longer.

I look over to kayleys body then up to the sky, "Kayley, I miss you I really do, we were supposed to make team Canada together, and make the NHL and be on the same team. What ever you do please NEVER stop playing your the best player I've ever known and I'll see you again one day, we can play beer league in heaven" I say balling I sit cross legged crying my sisters dead lifeless body beside me, for an hour then it's time to go home.

4 days after the funeral. I open a box I never thought I would ever again. I was breaking a promise I never wanted to break a promise to my sister, the promise I meant to keep and yet, I open the box I wasn't supposed to have, the one containing my blades the one I haven't used since grade 6. When the bullying was bad I resorted to cutting myself, my sister made me promise never to do this again, I told her I threw them out but I didn't. I am now in grade 8.

The empty bed across from mine has been eating away at me for days. As the blade hits my skin I look to the sky feeling both defeat and strength, I continue to cut myself until the blood drips down my skin. I look at the time it is 2:30 am.

I'm going to school tomorrow. I have about 20 cuts and multiple scars. I drop the blade and sit down. Wrapping my arms around myself.

It's 5:30 and I'm kind of tierd, i Put on a hoodie and go to bed.
I wake up at 7:40 and take a shower. Then I straighten my hair, I get dressed and I'm already late for school.

Screw it I think and pick up my drum sticks, I just start hitting the drums taking out all of my anger, after 15 minutes I get up and say "okay mom, my ankles feeling good I'm going to walk to school" she kisses me goodbye and I walk to school. I get there at 9:07 I'm 37 minutes late. I walk into school and go to my locker, then head to math.

I walk into class and am attacked by my best friend hugging me "YOUR BACK" she screams as she squeezes harder. "Nope. I'm a figure of you imagination" I laugh while the words come out of my mouth.

Most of the class joins the hug, even my teacher. soon everyone is sitting down until it's just Danielle squeezing me again.

When I look over to my seat I see someone sitting in Kayleys old seat... Who is that?

"Hey who's the hot guy sitting in Kayleys seat?" I ask Danielle. "oh yeah, we got a new student. you don't like that he's sitting there do you?" She asked kinda unsure of my awnser. Definitely not. I think then walk towards my seat and sit down next to him.

"Hi I'm Ty" he says a smirk on his face. "Hi" I said looking down at my wrists, I was thinking about my sister and how he shouldn't be in her spot.

"Why are you here?" I asked a little on edge. "I moved here to play hockey." I heard him say. "No I mean in this desk" I say. "oh um I'm new, and the teacher told me I could sit here" he said just looking at me.

Immediately my hand shoots up, and the teacher says "oh yes Jordan and I am deeply sorry for your loss Kayley was an amazing person and student she was a real joy to teach". "Who is he and why is he in her desk" my anger evident in my voice. "Thats our new student, he needed somewhere to sit" she replied calmly. "Umm okay, can you do me a favour?" I ask Ty. "Sure" he says unsure of what is to come next. "Get up" I instruct him. He does so. Then I pick up my books get up and nod towards my empty desk he takes his books and sits down. I sit down in Kayleys seat and immediately say "proceed" smiling at my teacher.

If someone's sitting here, it's me!
The class went on and we were given work "you must work with the person beside you" she says. Oh great I thought and looked to my left.

"Okay let's do this, and fast! I'm always the fastest." I said.

"Wait." I heard him say. "What's your name?" He asked "Jordan" "what's so special about that seat?" He asked. slowly I explained the tragedy of the month, tears welling up in my eyes unknowingly I began to run a finger over my wrist in small circles and cry.

I felt a hand on my back, I look up expecting to see Danielle but am surprised to see that Ty had his hand on my back. "Don't cry...? Please. I hate it when beautiful girls cry." He said and I laughed and gave a small sad smile. "Now what's with the wrist circle thingy" he had said pointing to my wrists. "nothing so you said you came here to play hockey? What team?" I said changing the subject. "oh I got a call from the Huskies AAA coach trying to recruit me" he said. My mouth drops "Ravi Willsingh called you?" I ask "yeah why?" He asked. "Jordan Willsingh" I said, my hand out to shake his. "I'm your left winger, assuming your a centre of course" I say smiling. "Yeah I'm a center" he said. The bell rang and we all headed off to music where he sat next to me again.

"Solo vocals day!" My music teacher said "some dread it some love it and some of you suck at it."

"you" mr.C said pointing at Ty, "you don't HAVE to do this seein as your new but you will be doing group vocals." Ty replied with a quick "cool".

"Today we are starting from the bottom of the list Jordan it's your turn show them how it's done" mr.c said. "Can I pass?" I asked hopeful I didn't feel like showing Ty my voice just yet. "I'm sorry Jordan but it's now or never". he said I gave up, I began to walk up to the computer and typed in the song "ordinary" by Ricky Dillon. I sang the song and then walked of the stage breathing heavily, I have extreme stage fright.

I sat down and brought my knees to my chest and pulled my head in. I heard the clicks begin and I knew I was done for.

The clicks of their high heals stop and I hear Amber talk "so what happened to freak show number two? Too ugly to come to school today?" Her voice was so sour. Then Amy began " who cares about that? Who cares about anything but my bleeding ear drums? God! Next time your going to sing give me so warning please".

I started to cry. Danielle was beside me staying quiet.

I got up and ran. I ran to the bathroom. I pulled out my blade and cut myself a couple times to let it out I pulled the sleeve of my hoodie back down wiped away my tears and walked back towards class.

I see mr.c outside the room with Danielle Ty Amy and Amber. "To the office now!" He said pointing down the hall.

I walk over to him and he asked me to meet them there, I run up to catch Danielle and Ty grabbing them and pulling them back a couple feet. I feel the blood sticking to my sweater I worried someone will notice, my hoodie is grey, I'm not sure if you can see the blood. I grabbed Danielle's arm and rest my head on it, "Danielle meet our new centre new centre meet goalie" I say resting my head on Danielle shoulder yawning. "how much sleep did you get last night?" Danielle asks in a worried tone. "2 hours" I answer. "and the concussion?" She asks even more worried. "the concussion is a bitch" I say right before I walk straight into a locker... "Ow..... Din? Ty? Help?" I say my head is pounding again. "how's your head?" Din asked. "ow..." I responded.