Chapter 9

Even thought I didn't want the year to go I got ready for the party. We were about to leave when I realized I had forgot something. I sprinted up the stairs and stuffed it in my pocket. Now it was time to go.

Once I got to the party I took off my timberlands revealing my mix matched socks. I went down into the basement to see I was the last one there. As usual I was late, the Guyanese way (that was for you Samjay! 😜🐶) and I sat down on the floor. "Sup guys happy new years" I said pulling out the championship medal from last year then held up the medal.

"Well boys! This is the medal we won last year. And let's hope that this year brings us another gold medal!" I said standing on a chair. I heard a couple cheers and I put the medal around my neck. "Now that Jordan is FINALLY here, lets dance muthafuckassss" Cooper said and cranked up the music.

Danielle and I got into the middle of the 'dance floor' and danced alone until finally the boys started to join in.

Ty and Zack we're the only ones not dancing. Danielle and I walked over to them and stared the in the eyes. "Tyler Grani, get your butt on the dance floor and dance with me!" I smiled at him pulling him up from his seat. "Fine, but never use my full name!" He lead me to the dance floor and we danced for a while then Ty got bored and pulled me away from the dance floor and to the pool table.

I hopped up onto the pool table so I was sitting on it and was eye-to-eye with Ty. "You know Jordan... I kinda like you" he said with a big goofy smile. "Awe that's so cute you thought I couldn't tell! But that's okay I kinda like you too... Tyler." he looked me in the eyes as my smile grew wider. "Why must you be so annoying?" he said stepping towards me and putting his arms around my waist. "Why haven't you asked me out yet would be a better question" I said putting my arms around his neck and he smiled and laughed, looking down, "Well then will you be my date to the party that we are already at?" He gave me a goofy smile. "Well I guess since I'm already here!" I laughed as the words came out. "Yes, of course I would." He looked at my lips and then said "I really want to kiss you but, I need to wait..." he pulled out his phone and checked the time. "5 hours and 29 minutes" I stared at him for a while "your really going to make me wait that long?" He was about to say something but Cooper walked in.

"Sorry guys but there is no making out on the pool table and also the coast is clear, my dads drunk and it's time to bring out the beer and I could use some help." Ty and I separated and Ty went to go get the beer and I walked over to the team as we sat in a circle.

"We're gonna play truth or dare when they get back, are you in?" Danielle asked me. "yeah for sure" I said then blurted out "Ty likes me back... I think he's going to kiss me at midnight!" she smirked "you act like I should be surprised, he saved your ass like 3 times already, given you his hoodie and you wear it more than you wear your own hoodies don't you? you probably even packed it for the sleepover!" She smirked knowing she knows me too well. "that is so not fair." I said as the boys walked in with beer. There were 6 cases of beer. This is going to be bad.

Everyone had had at least one, except for me. We sat in a circle, Ty on one side of me with a beer in his hand and my head resting on his shoulder as I urge myself not to fall asleep. While Danielle sits on the other side of me with her second beer in her hand, he head resting on Zack's shoulder.

"Hey Jor, you sure you don't want to try one?" Coop asked getting up to get himself another. "yea I'm sure and you guys know the rules, no more than 3. I done understand why you bought so much." I said as Danielle looked at Zack who had already had 2 1/2. "calm down Jordan. we won't get caught. And even if we do you won't get in trouble, your daddy's little princess, you have a shield and your not even drinking!" Cooper said handing one to Ty and taking his empty.