Ch. 35: Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

Yeonjun: I’ve liked you since that moment, you know?

Suddenly, I feel a sting in my chest as I prepare to say my next words, the painful truth that made me regret ever looking up towards the door that day.

Yeonjun: I’m sorry… I couldn’t help it. My emotions went against me. I tried so hard to stop them, but I failed so many times, I-

Y/N: Don’t apologize.

My eyes widen and I suddenly feel her arms around mine.

Y/N: Stop apologizing. There’s no need for you to do so.

For a moment, I feel as if my heart has stopped beating as my arms which were around Y/N slowly drop.

Yeonjun: I know who you really like. So, please… do me a favor and stay with him. If you ever break up, I’ll be tempted to go after you again even though it’s hopeless.

Y/N then pulls back and smiles sweetly at me.

Y/N: Gomawo.

Soobin’s right. It is better this way. Just seeing her happy should be enough for me.

...

Moonbin’s POV

I can’t believe this!

My heart feels like it’s breaking again as I quickly walk away from the office building.

How could she forget? How… Why am I always being left by the people I love?

As I’m walking, I don’t even look where I’m going until someone bumps into me and that person says my name.

???: Moonbin?

My eyes widen and I look at that person to see Soobin. A surprised look forms on his face and he fully turns to me as I continue looking at him with wide eyes.

Moonbin: You- When did you arrive?!

I didn’t mean for my question to sound accusing, but it just somehow did. Soobin doesn’t seem offended, though. In fact, he suddenly laughs and I look at him with a confused look.

Soobin: What? You still hate me that much? I haven’t seen you in a long time and the first thing you say to me sounds as if you don’t want me here.

My eyes widen and Soobin laughs again.

Soobin: It’s good to see you, too, Bin.

I feel confused for a moment, but then I suddenly breathe a laugh as I fully turn to Soobin.

Moonbin: Good to see you, too.

Soobin then smiles playfully at me as if we were always close. We were friends back in high school, but being in two separate rivaling groups, we never really got close to becoming best friends. To be honest, I also didn’t like how carefree TXT was.

Soobin: Wanna grab a cup of coffee and maybe catch up on things?

My eyes widen again as I look at Soobin and he smiles brightly at me.

Soobin: You look like you have a lot to talk about.

Huh. He’s right.

I look at Soobin then sigh before nodding.

Moonbin: I guess it wouldn’t hurt.

...

At a café

I’m seated across Soobin and somehow, I can’t help but feel like there are a lot of eyes on us. I look around for just a second and see that almost all the women in the shop are looking at us. I know I’ve been experiencing this since high school, but for some reason, I suddenly feel uncomfortable. I look towards Soobin and feel surprised to see that he doesn’t seem to be affected at all as he takes a sip from his coffee.