Ch. 34: Moving On

Start from the beginning

My fists start to loosen and I soon find that my hands are shaking.

Eunwoo: You know Moonbin went through that, too.

Of course I know. And my first love just happened to be his second chance at love.

Eunwoo: You’ll find someone else. I’m sure.

Eunwoo pats my shoulder and I sigh as I hear the car door on the other side open, then close after a short while. Once I see Eunwoo enter the house, I look towards the driver’s seat... then remember what Mina said.

“Of course, it wasn’t easy. But, eventually, I did it. I just moved on... And you should, too.”

Another tear falls from my cheek as I bend forward, holding my head between my arms.

Why... Why is it so easy for everyone else to move on?

My tears are falling freely now, but I just let them be. At least no one’s there to look. I sigh as I lean back on my seat.

Can I even move on?

...

Present day
Your POV
Your office

I’m at my office, doing work as usual. It seems Dahyn also didn’t come to work, today. Her hangover gave her a really bad headache and so she stayed at home today. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing.

Y/N: Hmm? Who could be calling me now?

I stop what I’m doing for a while and check my phone to see an unknown number flashing on the screen. That just makes me even more confused as I answer the call and bring my phone to my ear.

Y/N: H-hello?

Suddenly, I hear a familiar voice from the other side and my eyes widen as I recognize that person.

Soobin: Haven’t heard your voice in a while, Y/N.

Y/N: S-Soobin?!

I suddenly stand up from my seat, pushing my chair back and I hear Soobin laugh.

Soobin: Are you that surprised to hear from me?

Y/N: Yah! Where were you all this time?! I haven’t heard from you in 2 years!

Soobin: I went back to my hometown, of course. But I just got a job in the same place as Minhyuk and Sanha.

Y/N: Wow~ Jinjja? I’m glad you’re back, Soobin.

I smile and hear Soobin chuckle.

Soobin: I’m glad, too.

Neither of us talk for a moment, but then Soobin speaks up.

Soobin: Anyway, I gotta go now. I still have to unpack my things in my new office.

Y/N: Oh, sure.

Soobin: I’ll see you around, then.

Y/N: Sure. Bye!

I hear Soobin chuckle.

Soobin: Bye!

He then hangs up and I put my phone in my pocket then excitedly run to Mina’s office.

Soobin is back! I have to tell Mina!

...

Soobin’s POV
Infront of the office building

As soon as I hang up after calling Y/N, I look towards the office building I’m about to start working at. I was able to get this job thanks to Sanha, but I haven’t seen him or Minhyuk yet, even though I came to this office building yesterday to apply for the job. I then enter the building and head straight to my office
while carrying my stuff. On my way to the office, however, I almost run into Minhyuk as I turn the corner to my office. My eyes widen and I quickly swerve to avoid bumping into him.

Soobin: Woah!

I successfully avoid him, but then I notice that he’s holding his head as if he’s in pain. He then looks at me and a surprised look forms on his face.

Minhyuk: Hmm? Soobin? What brings you here?

He removes his hand from his head, but he’s still keeping an arm on the wall to steady himself.

Soobin: I work here now.

Minhyuk: Oh...

I then look at Minhyuk with concern.

Soobin: By the way, are you okay? You don’t look too well.

Minhyuk waves me away then stands straight.

Minhyuk: I’m fine. It’s just a small headache from being stressed about work.

Minhyuk then starts to walk away.

Minhyuk: I’ll be going to my office, now. So I’ll see you around, then.

Soobin: O-oh, sure.

I watch as Minhyuk walks away then walk towards my office.

What happened? He looks like he drank all night last night. But as far as I know, Minhyuk’s not the kind to drink a lot.

...

Later that day
Your POV

It’s the end of the day now, and I’m fixing my things before I leave for the day. Once I’m done, I head out of my office and turn the corner to the elevators just in time to see Yeonjun going out of his office. He then turns to me and his eyes widen as our eyes meet.

Yeonjun: O-oh... it’s you.

I smile then walks towards him while carrying my bag infront of me.

Y/N: So, what is it you wanted to talk about?

I look at Yeonjun and he seems to be avoiding my gaze as he places his hand on the back of his neck.

Yeonjun: A-actually... mind if we talk once we’re outside?

Y/N: Hmm?

I look at Yeonjun with a confused look and he finally looks at me.

Yeonjun: It’s just that I kinda feel uncomfortable talking about this inside. I-I prefer talking about it somewhere where there’s some fresh air.

Y/N: Oh, okay.

I then gesture to Yeonjun to come along as I start to walk towards the elevators.

Y/N: Let’s go.

...

Moonbin’s POV

I’m on my way to the office building to pick Y/N up. I finally felt better this afternoon, and I wanted to surprise her by showing up infront of the building.

Let’s just hope the boss doesn’t see me and suspect that I was faking my headache.

Since I don’t have a car, I’m walking to the office building. When I turn the corner to the office building, however, I suddenly see Yeonjun hugging someone infront of the building.

Moonbin: Hmm? Does Yeonjun actually have a girlfriend? Who is he hug-

Suddenly, my eyes widen when I recognize the bag the woman is carrying. I then look at the woman’s face, and my fears are confirmed.

Why...

Moonbin: Y/N?