I wanted to smirk at her but I got embarrassed by his sudden move. I saw passes through her eyes while looking at us.

"let's go.." jungkook held my hand and we walked towards his car.

Eunbi Jung stepped aside and we walked pass by her. Jungkook open the door for me and I went inside. He turned around and open the door at the driver's seat.

"I-I'll go now.." Eunbi Jung muttered before walking away.

I opened my phone while jungkook is driving to drop me home. My brows furrowed when I didn't receive any text from mom.

"do you want to go to a coffee shop before I drop you home?" jungkook asked and I just nod at him unconsciously.

I'm just worried about mom. What if she got herself into something bad again?

"here.." he handed me a go-to cup of coffee while I'm sitting.

He sat in the chair in front of me and stared at me for a long time.

"why?" he asked.

I shook my head. "I'm just worried about mom. She didn't sent me a message." I said and place my phone on the table so I could sip on my coffee.

"don't think too much. She's okay.." he assured and I just nodded.

We silently  drive to our house and I heard him unbuckled my sets belt.

I ovethinked that I didn't notice we're here in front of our house. He's right. Mom's fine.

He held my hand and kissed it." do you want me to go with you inside and check if she's okay?" he asked

I shook my head immediately. "it's fine. You're right , I'm thinking too much." I rejected his offer.

"okay, message me." he said and gave me a peck on my lips.

"take care." I waved my hand when I went out of his car. I went inside the gate before staring at his car driving away until it vanished in my sight.

"miss Lee?" I called when I entered our house but no one answered me.

I checked the kitchen, but there's no Miss. Lee. There, I noticed that there was no guard at the gate, the car is gone, the driver wasn't here.

My heart beats so fast and loud when I think about what could happened?

I hurried went upstairs to my room, my things were not messy, they're on their right places. I ran to mom's room. It's was left open, her slippers we're far away from each other, her chair was on the floor. There was blood.

No..

I roamed my eyes around the room and I found a letter on her bed. I don't want to read it, I thought. My tears started to flow from my eyes when I read the word 'sorry' at the start of her letter.

I fell on the floor, as my knees weakened while reading the letter she wrote. My lips were trembling as well as my hands. The tears flowing from my eyes dropped on the creasy paper I'm holding.

Why does it have to be me?

Why am I suffering like this?

What did I do wrong to deserve this?

I spent hours by hugging my knees while crying so hard in moms room until Ms. Lee came.

She hugged me as soon as she entered the room and we both cried hard.

"I'm so shock that I didn't think  of calling you first, I panicked ." she said in between her sobs while hugging me.

"I tried saving her, I brought her to the hospital but she was declared as dead on arrival. I'm sorry.."