Chapter 34

The rest of the week went by torturously slow for Josie as she waited for when she would see Kaiden next. She expected him to show up at the office to check up on the project but instead, Isaac showed up every time. Each day she swore she wouldn't expect him to show up the next day, but each day a part of her mind was in tune with the elevator and her head lifted just in time to see who walked out of it.

Friday came too late and while everyone was rounding things up for the day before they all went home to their loved ones or to a party or something they had planned, Josie was still working. She looked up from her PC and her eyes caught sight of Georgie and Isaac in a deep conversation; a smile on Isaac's face and a blush on Georgie's. She smiled at how perfect they looked and then quickly caught herself on how different things might seem on the outside. She looked down at her PC's screen as her fingers hovered over the keyboard. She gave it a moment's thought before she got up and made her way out of the office towards Georgie and Isaac.

Georgie saw her coming and took a step back from Isaac, putting a professional distance between them, she had probably forgotten where they were but Josie wasn't complaining. She hid her smile as she approached them.

"Sorry to interrupt."

"Not at all." "You aren't" Isaac and Georgie said at the same time, glanced at each other before Georgie walked away and Josie watched how Isaac watched her.

He was whipped.

Isaac finally looked at Josie who had a smile on her face.
"Sorry about that." He apologized.

"It's ok." She said. "Hmm, I'm glad you're here every single day on top of things and pointing everyone in the right direction."

"It's part of the job."

Josie nodded.
"And you're good at it." She said before clearing her throat.

Isaac watched her and waited as they both kept waiting for the other to talk.
"Is there anything else?"

"Hmm, is everything ok?"

Isaac raised a brow in question.

"At the office I mean." She added. "I haven't seen much of Kai-Mr. Williamson lately."

Isaac tried to hide his smile but there was a hint of one which Josie didn't notice, else she would have been totally embarrassed at being caught red-handed.

"Everything's good." Isaac said, deliberately avoiding saying anything about Kaiden.

Josie nodded and Isaac waited.

"And Mr. Williamson?" She asked after a moment.

"Mr. Williamson hasn't been in the office for a few days now."

Josie's lids fluttered as that had her attention.
"Is everything alright?"

"He says he's fine but I know him," Isaac said. "He's probably down with something."

The change in the weather hasn't been good for everyone. Josie has had more of her staff call in sick in that week alone than she had in the past month.

Josie looked at Isaac and smiled.
"Thank you. Have a good weekend."

"You too." Isaac said before she turned around and went back into her office.

Half an hour later, Josie was talking to – Leon - one of the other team leaders about finalizing the project they were on when she heard the not too subtle voices coming from the kitchen. By this time, everyone else was packing up and leaving, so she told Leon to go home and write her a report instead of discussing it now that everyone else was out the door.

Leon was one of the few people on her staff that didn't have anywhere to be, just like her. She watched him sit back in his chair and close all his open windows as she made her way towards the kitchen.

"I'll owe you big time." Josie heard as she approached the kitchen.

"Frank, no." That was Georgie's voice. "I can't, not today at least. I have a date as well."

"What am I going to do?" Frank asked. "My date is less than thirty and I have to get home and change."

Josie walked into the kitchen.
"What's going on?"

Frank and Georgie both turned to her like deer caught in headlights.
"Nothing." They both said.

"I'm sure it isn't nothing," Josie said as she noticed the file in Frank's hand. "What's that?"

"Hmm, the report I promised Mr. Williamson," Frank said. "He was supposed to be here today and I was supposed to give it to him then, but instead Mr. McIntyre showed up."

"Ok, you can give it to him when next he comes."

"I called him a while ago and he asked me to drop it off at his place."

Josie's head lifted slowly and back down in a nod.
"I see." She said. "But you both have dates so Georgie can't as well."

They both looked like they wanted the ground to swallow them.

"You're both off the clock," Josie said. "You can go to your dates. I'll take the file."

Frank looked up at her, with a smile.
"Are you sure?"

Josie smiled and held out her hand for the file.
"Have a great weekend."

Frank put the file in her hand and walked away.

"Send me the address." She called after him and heard an 'ok' "You too Georgie."

"Are you sure?" She asked guiltily.

"I'm sure that you need to get out of here before I have you come with me."

Georgie laughed as she scurried away.

Josie stood there in the kitchen as she heard the elevator ding close after Leon, Frank, and Georgie got on. She lifted the file and read the name of the project on it before she sighed and walked back to her office to pack up.

She put the file in her bag and took the elevator to the garage. Check her phone for the address which Frank had already sent, then put it into her GPS and the drove off.

On her way, she asked herself many times what the hell she was doing and wanted to turn around so many times but she kept driving until she was parked right out of his house. She sat in her car for a moment too long before she finally picked her bag and got out of her car, then made her way to the front door.

She walked up the pathway surprised at what she was seeing. The house wasn't what she expected a man like Kaiden Williamson to have. It was more family than it was for a bachelor and she absolutely loved it.

Why?

She had a thing for glasshouses and from where she stood, this was a dream.