Chapter 43

Josie headed to work the next day with a clear mind, the previous day forgotten or rather put into the box she didn't want to open which included other memories. She was ready to take on a new day, a new week and she was most especially happy that Zena and Dante were now on good terms. At least one of them deserved genuine happiness.

"Morning Josie." Georgie greeted as Josie made her way inside her office.

Josie smiled at her.
"Morning Georgie." She greeted. "Anything new?"

Georgie followed her into her office with a stack load of files in her hand.
"Pretty much the same, new projects did come in but I think they can get the services they need from other companies. Nothing special."

"Ok. Which was your top one?" Josie asked as she took her jacket off.

The weather was getting even more pleasant, but pleasant wasn't the word Josie would use. She loved winter but not when it was extreme. She already hated it and it wasn't even December yet, she was dreading January.

"Uh." Georgie searched for her top one. "This." She pulled it out and handed it to Josie when she stuck out her hand.

"I'll go through it after the status update with the teams," Josie said. "Anything else?"

"Yes," Georgie said as Josie put the folder aside and looked at her. "Mr. Williamson called and scheduled to have lunch with you."

"Mr. Williamson?" Josie said. "What for? Frank is in charge of his company's project, why would he want to meet with me?"

Josie had her heart in her mouth.

"Oh, no." Georgie stopped Josie. "I meant the other Williamson, James Williamson."

"Oh."

Now Josie was curious as to why Kaiden's father wanted to meet up for lunch.

"Uhm, did he happen to say why?"

Georgie shook her head.
"Just a place and a time."

"Alright," Josie said.

Later that afternoon, Josie walked into Harper's not surprised for one second that this was where he picked.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm supposed to meet with Mr. Williamson."

"Are you Josie O'Callaghan?" She asked.

"I am."

"Right this way." She said with a smile.

Josie was led to a table where James was seated waiting for her with a smile. He stood up with a smile as soon as he saw her.

"Thank you," Josie said to the lady before making the rest of her way to the table with a smile as she looked at James. "Mr. Williamson."

Josie offered her hand but James looked at her hand and at her with a gentle smile.

"I think we're past handshakes." James said as he hugged her.

Josie smiled when he pulled apart as he offered her the seat across from him.

"And I have told you to call me James, right?"

"It'd take some getting used to."

"Well, I suggest you use it more often then."

"Alright, James." She said hesitantly.

"So you're probably wondering why I scheduled to have lunch with you."

"That is correct."

"Well, first of all, I know you come here often so you must love the food." He smiled.