Ch 1 - Break-Up

"You can't just do that! That's not how a relationship works!" Lucy yelled as the soreness in her throat ached due to the loud tantrums she was throwing just over twenty minutes ago. Justifiably.

She still was, just not as much.

However, now, she was holding back from crying with all her might.

What an emotional rollercoaster this conversation was.

"Oh yeah? And what makes you such an expert?" He mocked.

"That doesn't even make sense! We've been dating for a year! D-Does this not mean anything to you?!" She questioned as she pointed back and forth at her and at the man standing in front of her.

The grin on his face seemed to ache her heart even more in agony. He was a prick indeed. To any normal person, that look of 'enjoyment' would infuriate them.

Not Lucy though.

The deep and one-sided emotional attachment she had to him suppressed the anger she held within her. At least in this moment.

"I've dated plenty of girls before you. I am your first. That makes me the expert, Princess." His grin just kept growing wider. It looked forced, however.

"Who cares who dated who?! That does not give you the right to smack that girls ass!" She reasoned; her tears threatening to fall down her sore eyes once more.

"And right in front of me too..." her tone grew softer as the strength within her faded, causing tears to roll down her cheeks. She bit her lip trying to maintain her composure, but she was obviously failing.

She was hurting. She really was. Seeing her fiancé break the strong bond she thought she had with him, pained her.

"Well... you should know I did more than smack it." He said, making her heart sink in an instant.

It was like he was enjoying this. Or better yet, it was like he wanted this to happen.

Before she could muster up the courage to speak, she felt her airways tightening, leaving her breathless and speechless. Her knees weakened and her legs shook as she attempted to keep her balance.

She fell hard on the ground and covered her face with her hands, suppressing her cries into her palms.

The pain she felt could be heard from down the street of her apartment.

Yes, this was her first heartbreak. It was the first time her innocent heart ever knew betrayal.

Cheating holds enough power to break the strongest relationship apart, and she knew it.

He just stood there as he watched her life fall apart right before her eyes. He knew how much he meant to her. He knew of her wedding plans with him since the big day was only three months away. He stared at the big rock on her ring finger and sighed, knowing it was over.

All he could do was stand there, feeling slightly guilty for being the reason a woman cries.

But who are we kidding, he would forget about this tomorrow.