Chapter 18: Abortion

Start from the beginning

"Did you get the girls?" Mom asked.

"No. It's raining." I say, as I sat down next to Kyle.

"They gotta be out there somewhere. They can't be out there in this rain." Mom said. She walked out with guards behind her.

Dad moved over and sat down in front of me, Kyle, and Ramón. He crossed his arms and sighed.

"Boys, all these condoms. All the warnings. All the speeches I gave....were y'all listening to it at all? We're y'all still gon do what you wanna do?" He asked.

"Granted Calvin, they all are bad bitches. It's hard to keep our hands off of them." Ramón says, laughing. None of us laughed.

"Come on Ramón. This is serious. Raising a child is a big responsibility. I should know. Just look at Caleb." Dad said.

I glared at him. "Man whatever." I say, as I got up and walked away. I walked upstairs to Angel's room. I looked down in front of the door.

There were three ClearBlue pregnancy tests on the floor. I picked them up and walked inside her room. I looked around. I walked to the bathroom. I

thought back to earlier when me and Angel were fighting over what was in her hands. I slammed her head into the wall to get her to let go.

I kicked her to knock her down. I shoved her onto the floor. I shook my head and threw down the pregnancy tests. I stormed out the room and down the hall to my room.

I walked in and slammed the door. I fell down on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. That didn't help so I stormed out the house and to the backyard.

I walked to the secret back house and went inside. I went downstairs to my new art room in the Red Hall. I began to paint and sketch my anger away.

It was about four hours til Kyle and Ramón came down. "Hey man. Angel and them are back." Kyle said. I ignored him.

"I don't want to talk to her." I said.

"Come on man. Are you really mad that she fell pregnant? I mean for God's sake, we've been fucking the shit out of them since they moved in." Ramón said.

"Thank you!! Caleb this isn't you man. Why are you so pressed about this?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah man. We've never seen you like this before." Ramón said.

I blew a breath. "I don't want to talk about it. And I said this earlier: I don't want kids." I said.

"So abusing that poor girl was the way to go?" Kyle asked.

"Hey fuck you Kyle. I didn't want to attack her but she wouldn't let me see what was in her fucking hands." I said.

"So you put your hands on her?! Oh yeah that's one way to make her open her hands." He said. We got in each other's faces. Ramón got between us.

"Whoa whoa chill. See, this isn't like us." He said. Me and Kyle glared at each other. "This is so not like us. We'd usually agree if everything. We've been boys since we first met. Look Caleb, Kyle is right," He says.