5.9

Amelie and Mabel both finished their very last day at school. Friday was all about saying goodbye to everyone, collecting keys for the lockers and that kind of stuff. It ended an hour ago, but people stuck around to talk longer. You would say people were happy to leave, but once it was the moment to go, people hated it. All these people have been classmates, fellow students and friends - everybody grew up with each other in the most important years of their lives. Even though not everybody liked each other, it was the last time they saw each other.

People left, and it became more quietly at school. Amelie and Mabel decided to hang out for a bit longer. They sat at the long table and were scrolling through Instagram.

"Does this sounds right? 'The Best vs The Muppets, who will win? Check it out in the newest Sky Sports F1 video with McLaren driver's Lando and Carlos! And Martin and me, of course ;)'" Amelie asked Mabel and showed her phone. "It's for the new challenge, need to post something about it."

"Short, but powerful. Just make sure you tag Sky and McLaren and the others," Mabel said. "Photo says enough about the challenge, post it in your story with the link." She nodded.

"That was my plan, yes, but thanks," Amelie replied and added the last things before posting the photo on Instagram. It was a photo of Carlos, Lando, Martin and Amelie who were standing in front of the two cars, looking severe and competitive.

"Who won?"

"And that's why you need to watch the video."

"Bro, just tell me, it's already online."

"Dude, I already sent it to you yesterday. Lando and I won, Team Muppet."

Mabel parted her lips and tried to think about that moment. "Oh, that's why you sent that. I didn't understand it. But does this mean you and Lando will get more interviews this weekend? I mean, I want to see Lamelie."

"Lamelie?" Amelie snorted.

"Or Amelando, I don't know."

Amelie laughed. "What the fuck." She shook her head. "Nope, this was one thing, and I am on my weekend off, please, Mabel."

Jude entered the canteen to check if the people were gone, but he was surprised to spot two people. He walked towards them. "What are you guys still doing here? It's vacation, you are graduated," he said confused.

"I have to wait for my parents, they're picking me up, but there's a traffic jam," Mabel said. "And Amelie is keeping me company."

Jude nodded and sat across them at the table. "There's no public transport?"

"I'm going to Brighton, and my parents planned on picking me up, since the school's on the route. But it escalated," she dramatically replied.

He nodded and looked at Amelie. "And you don't have to be at the track to report the practices?" The pass was still hanging around Amelie's neck, assuming she had to go back after this.

"Nope, not this weekend," Amelie replied and showed a short smile.

A conversation started, and it didn't take long for Vincente to join them as well. Even though Jude and Vincente were their teachers, and Amelie and Mabel still saw them as teachers, they got along well and had an interesting conversation.

"When will your parents arrive?" Jude asked Mabel.

"Thirty minute-ish."

"Do you want anything to drink? Tea, hot cocoa, coffee, water...?" He asked.

Mabel nodded. "Water, please," she said. "The last day at school and we get finally free drinks, what a dream." Amelie looked at Mabel and raised her eyebrows because of the comment. "What? I will never be here again."