1.9

The next day Amelie arrived at the office of her internship. After yesterday's conversation with Mabel, she couldn't stop thinking about it. It wasn't new Amelie had trust issues for certain reasons, and she really wanted to forget it and open up more, but she was scared.

Amelie blew up her cheeks and entered her department. It was again one of those days you would prefer to stay in bed instead of being at the office. Many desks and seats were empty and that wasn't weird: everyone was in Monaco for the race. And Amelie had to spend her time alone at the office. She threw her bag on her desk and looked around.

"Amelia, we need you in five at the orange meeting room," an unfamiliar woman said when she faced Amelie when she walked towards the meeting room.

"Yup, will be there," Amelie replied uninterested and pointed at the room. This probably would be one of those meetings to discuss everything for the race, meaning this would be confronting for Amelie. Amelie sighed and went to the kitchen to get a cup of tea. With her laptop and notebook under her arm and a cup of tea in her hand, she made her way to the meeting room. Once she arrived, she faced people from Sky and her school. She frowned, is this the right room? Amelie eyes glided over the room, yes, this is the orange meeting room. "Ow, good morning," she mumbled, gave everybody in the room a hand, and took place on the last free seat.

"Good morning," Jude said and gave her a warm smile.

Amelie scanned the people from her school; Penelope, Jude and the principal, what were they doing here? She uncomfortably took a sip from her tea and looked at the people from Sky; people she knew by their faces, but not by name. What the fuck is going on? This was not on my agenda.

"Good," Jude said and started the meeting, he was leading this meeting? Amelie looked perplexed at him. "Good morning everyone, thank you for your time, especially since it is a last-minute meeting."

"Thank you for stopping by," a man from Sky said. "So, Amelie," he began. "You are an intern of Juniper on the reporters side, mainly behind the scenes. A few weeks back a decision was made to break your contract because of certain reasons. I would like to know your opinion about it."

Amelie already liked him, he was one of the few who got her name right and the fact he asked her opinion about the situation. She cleared her throat. "I still do not agree with the decision, but I can see why the decision is made. I just think it is unfair, because first off you agreed with the terms and suddenly it wasn't possible anymore. And I am unable to finish my assignment," she neutrally said and looked at Penelope. Was this the evaluation conversation about the internship? It had to be. "But I liked it here, I do not regret this internship and I have learned a lot."

Jude had to say he was proud of his student. He knew she hated the decision, but she still talked about it in a neutral tone. Jude knew he 'raised' her right. "We have been thinking, Amelie," he began. "We all follow your work, because this is quite an internship not many people can say they had it. You have been on live television, hosted interviews and other kinds of videos." He began to notice a sparkle of hope in Amelie's eyes. "A lot of students come over and talk about your interviews. Last Friday was one of those moments, students came and showed how impressed they were of watching the video of one of their fellow students. It changed their way of looking at this study, in a positive way. Not only students are impressed, but other teachers from different studies in our organisation will email us and let us know how impressed they are of you, a student of our organisation."

"Not only they are more than happy to see you in interviews, but we are amazed too. Viewers like the interviews, your work has been amazingly good, we love to work with you, drivers love to have an interview with you," the man of Sky continued.