2.8

After a hectic, strange and emotional weekend, Amelie decided to show up at her internship anyway. She reckoned the distraction shall do her good. Amelie has stayed the whole weekend at Poppy and Gerard's, sneaked into her own house to pack her bags for the next trip, worked a morning at the office and sat on a bench at the airport, waiting for her flight to leave. In the upcoming week Amelie was joining her team again on the track, and this week it was the Canadian Grand Prix.

Amelie was struggling to open up a small bag with nuts. She sighed and tried the other side, but it didn't succeed.

"Does it..."

Amelie looked up and noticed Lando was standing in front of her.

"Let me try it," he proposed and reached out his hand. She gave the bag to Lando and watched how he opened it in one move. "See all those muscles," he grinned and tightened his arm to show his muscles.

"Beautiful," she sarcastically replied, but in a playful way. "I'm just weak, but thanks."

Lando smirked and sat down next to her. "How are you?" He looked at her and scanned her face.

"Fine," Amelie nodded. "You? Are you on this flight as well?"

"No, I'm here because I love to be a day early for my flight," he sarcastically blurted. They both giggled. "Yeah, I'm on this flight," he spoke on a normal tone. "I'm fine, thanks. Kind of sad you couldn't hang out Friday."

She pressed her lips into a thin line and looked at the small bag with nuts. "Yeah, same. But there was trouble with my father and grandfather." Father and grandfather...it is getting real. The two words were confronting, especially when she said it out loud. Amelie swallowed hard. "I didn't want you to feel like shit because I was in a bitchy mood, but we will make it up, I promise," she said and gave him a smile. She grabbed a few nuts to eat, also allowing Lando to grab some too.

"Everything is alright now?" Lando worriedly asked.

No. "Yeah, yeah, don't worry. It was just a discussion I got upset about." She tried to cover her emotions up, and it worked because Lando didn't continue on asking questions. "How was your week?"

"It was good, a lot of preps for the upcoming week." He yawned. "There are so many reasons why I hate night flights. Waiting for the whole day for the flight, kind of useless."

Amelie nodded. "Morning at the office, but it was useless. I basically read two emails, and that's it."

Lando giggled. "Exactly." He took a deep breath and looked in front of him. "It's still impressive how something with only two engines flies for seven hours in the air with all those people and their baggage." His eyes were focused on the airplane.

Her eyes were gliding over the people and ended at the airplane. "It's impressive, until a system fails and boom, you dead."

"Amil!" He nudged the side of her body and looked disapproving at her. "Don't think that."

"It's a fact," she replied and looked at him. Their eyes locked. It stayed silent between them. "I watch way too much Air Crash Investigation when I have nothing to do. I'm sorry. I will stop making you scared."

They both giggled again. "Why? Why do you watch it? Doesn't make you that scared of flying?" Lando was curious.

Amelie shrugged. "Well, I mean, at every weird movement I think 'this might be it'. But I think it's interesting to see the investigation on TV." She smiled. "But I'm not afraid of flying."

"Good, because I'm not gonna hold your hand." They laughed. "More accidents happen with the car than with a plane," he said and grabbed a few more nuts to snack. "I have to go, it's time to board," Lando said and nodded to his crew who were standing up and walking towards the gate.