Chapter 6: Home

TW: PTSD of abuse, hospitalization

Theo was pretty sure Liam couldn't get any closer to him; the beta had managed to dig into Theo's side. His small body was shaking; Theo wrapped his arm around him holding him as tight as he could.

"Theo?" Liam whispered.

"What Little Wolf?"

"I love you."

"I love you too; you don't know how worried I was about you."

"I missed you; I think knowing I might be able to come back to you kept me alive."
"I will never lose you again."

Theo listened to the boy's heartbeat, making sure he was asleep before Theo closed his eyes. He began to dream that Tara had taken Liam, his worst nightmare until he heard crying out and whimpering. Theo was usually the one to wake up screaming; he quickly opened his eyes trying to erase his own dream.

"Liam, Li," Theo gently rubbed his arm trying to get him to wake up.

Liam opened his eyes and screamed; panic washed over him not knowing where he was. He was shielding his body as if someone was going to hit him.

"It's me," Theo stared into his blue eyes.

"It's really you?"

"It's really me, see," Theo grabbed his hand, "I'm alive you're not dreaming."

"Sorry."

"Stop trying to apologize; Liam you've been through a lot."

"I should have been stronger."

"Liam, they tried to break you, and you didn't break I think that's pretty strong."

"Maybe," Liam looked down at his hands. He was ashamed; he knew how weak he was right now. No matter what Theo said it wasn't going to erase the fact his parents were killed because of him; he couldn't break out of being kidnapped. Some werewolf he was. The puppy pack looked to him as an alpha; he wasn't an alpha.

Theo watched his mind spiral, "hey, can I kiss you?"

"What?" Liam stared at him.

Theo smirked and pulled his face closer, touching his soft lips against Liam's. He figured he could at least try to distract him from his thoughts.

"Thanks," Liam nodded as they broke away.

"You're welcome, pup."

Liam finally gave him a small smile, "do you think everything is going to be alright?"

"If you get some sleep, it will be," Theo forced him back down.

Liam tried to close his eyes again, haunted by his torture once again. He heard Theo fall back asleep as he stared at the ceiling. He just didn't know what he was supposed to do now. He was safe; he knew that, but he couldn't just escape it.

"Morning, Liam," Melissa said as she entered the room. The boy was staring up at the ceiling while Theo was still sleeping.

"Hi," Liam looked at her as Theo woke up to their voices.

"Did you sleep okay?"

Liam just shrugged. Theo sat up and looked at the nurse as she checked out his vitals. He let Liam continue to lean against him.

"Can I go home?" the beta pleaded.

"Liam, your wounds aren't healed yet, your vitals are still risky, and you are really fragile right now."