Chapter 7: Anchored

TW: mentions of physical abuse, starvation, blood/injuries, PTSD of kidnapping

Liam nodded as Theo turned the TV back on the beta curled into him and passed out from exhaustion again. Theo didn't even know he fell asleep until he heard a knock on the door. He quickly stood up as Liam panicked that he was leaving him.

"Li, there's someone at the door."

"You don't know who it is; you can't go," Liam was panicking. Theo grabbed his phone as it began to ring; it was Scott.

"Hey, my mom, Nolan, Alec, and I are outside," Scott picked up.

"Sorry, we fell asleep," Theo smiled as Liam relaxed.

Theo got up letting Liam out of his arms, the beta panicked slightly but realized he was safe in his own bed.

"Is he okay?" Scott asked as he opened the door as they all walked in.

"Hello to you to McCall," Theo smirked, "he's just here. He's okay; he couldn't keep anything down. We've been sleeping all afternoon.

Liam crawled down the stairs, "hey." He gripped onto the railing. Theo ran over to grab him.

"Liam, honey come over here, so I can check out how you are doing," Melissa smiled, taking Liam from Theo's arms.

"Okay," Liam nodded wincing at her touch; it wasn't Theo.

"Sorry," she said gently as she took him to the living room.

Scott, Nolan, Alec, and Theo began to set up dinner as Melissa was giving Liam a checkup.

"Theo," Nolan said gently.

"What?" Theo snapped up at him as he realized he was holding a plate for the past two minutes.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked.

"Yes. Liam's back, the people who did this to him are in jail; I should be fine," Theo muttered.

"But you're not," Nolan stated.

Theo growled, "I'm fine."

"Your heart jumped," Alec added on.

Theo watched as his claws slightly extended, "Fine, what if I had done some different. What if I picked him up? He would never have gone through this. He's not fine! What if is never fine?" Theo slammed his fists down on the table. He quickly wiped away tears.

"Hey," Scott grabbed his shoulder.

"Scott let me go," Theo stared at him.

"No, Theo this was hard on you too, and I want you to trust us to help you," Scott stared at him.

Theo nodded, composing himself, and sitting down as Melissa walked in with Liam. Her face showing concern. Liam sat down beside Theo as the chimera wrapped his arm around them. They began eating trying to distract from everything, letting Alec ramble about something just to keep everyone's attention off Liam.

Theo watched as Liam struggled to swallow the soup that Melissa brought him. His hand was shaking over the spoon. He ate about half of it before he leaned back in his seat.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked.

"Nauseous," Liam admitted.

"You tried, Liam don't push it," Melissa assured him.

Liam nodded as he leaned onto Theo's side.

"Do you want to hang out?" Liam asked the other three boys.

"Sure," Nolan smiled. Alec agreed and Scott of course agreed. Melissa made sure he was okay then went home, leaving the boys alone.

"Movie?" Scott suggested.