Chapter 10: Normalization

TW: self-harm, blood, food issues, mentions of past abuse, dream sequence with character death, suicidal thoughts

Liam walked as fast as he could into the house; he knew Scott was watching him until he got safely inside, but he just hated the fact that he was alone. He wasn't alone; his best friends and boyfriend were inside. He didn't know what he was going to do; he couldn't keep Theo with him forever. The chimera had to start going to work again, and eventually, Liam would return to school. He was going to have to relearn how to be without him for time.

He slowly knocked on the door as Mrs. Hewitt opened it; she glanced down at him and smiled. She was basically his second mom throughout his entire childhood; she was a great lady and always took care of Liam.

"Liam!" she smiled, "can I hug you?"

"Yes," the beta nodded as the woman wrapped him in her embrace. He froze thinking of his mom with her; they were best friends as much as Mason and he were.

"Liam, honey are you okay?"

"I miss her," Liam admitted, tears streaming down his face.

"I do too, I do too," she spoke calmly, "here." She handed him a tissue and started some hot water for hot chocolate, Liam's favorite as a kid. "The boys are downstairs; I'm sure your boyfriend heard you walk in. He loves you, Liam."

"That he does," Liam nodded, getting himself calmed down.

"Your friends all care about you a lot, and we missed having you around. You know you two can always stay here."

"Thank you, I'm trying to get used to being at home, but it's hard."

"It's not going to be easy, but you seem to be handling it pretty well with everything. I don't think any boy your age would be as strong as you are right now."

"Maybe," Liam shrugged.

"Mason said you are waiting at least a week for school if Theo needs to go to work. You can come to hang with me on days I'm off or Sam is off on some days too."

"I might," Liam nodded.

"I'm going to call the rest of them up for hot chocolate."

"I can go get them," Liam suggested.

"How about you just get settled?"

Liam smiled at the woman as he heard Theo coming up the stairs first. He was probably awaiting Liam's calls for him. This was the longest he had been without him since getting rescued. Theo was his anchor in more ways than one.

"Feeling better?" Theo sat down beside him on the couch.

"Yepp," Liam nodded, "I missed you."

"It's been an hour and a half, Little Wolf," Theo chuckled.

"It felt longer."

Theo smiled slightly as Nolan handed them both a mug. The boy was way too excited to see Liam today.

"Hey, Nolan," Liam looked up.

"Better day?"

"A lot," Liam smiled.

"What do you want to do?" Mason asked taking a seat.

"We should play a game," Liam suggested.

"As long as you don't break the board in half like last time," Corey shook his head.

"He broke a board in half?" Alec questioned them.

"I beat him in monopoly," Theo smirked.

"You did not! You cheated."