Scared

Olivia was shaking. Miss Peregrine had instructed everyone to get ready for bed, but no one moved as they all watched the terrified girl. They were all pretty sure they witnessed the death of their friend after all, why wouldn't they stay to comfort her. Miss Peregrine was not happy that no one was listening, but it wasn't like she didn't understand.

She looked over them all once more, as if scanning to assure that no one was leaving.

"Alright then. While I can't say for certainty that Horace wasn't just having a bad dream, I can say preparations will be put into place so that we all stay safe. I'm sorry Jake but we can't have you leave. From the looks of it, Dr. Barron is close, and if he catches you leaving the loop.... only terrible things could come of that." Miss Peregrine began to trail off in thought.

"As for the rest of you, no visits to the market outside the loop. I understand you all love it there, but you will just have to stay within the loop for your fun."

The elegant women thought the children would be saddened by this, and to some extent, they were. Mostly however, they were very understanding. Miss Peregrine was proud, she had raised them right after all.

"Ok, well then, off to your rooms with all of you. Olivia, I still need to speak with you privately."

The children began to get up as Emma and Olive worked to shoo them out of the room. Olivia and Enoch stood, but he refused to leave her side.

"Miss Peregrine, do you mind if I stay," He asked, keeping his voice hushed from unsuspecting listeners.

"No, actually, this involves you too,"

Oh great, she's going to chew us out for the tree base moment. (Enoch internally face palming)

As the room cleared and the invisible boy was accounted for upstairs, Miss Peregrine turned back to the two kids standing before her.

"Miss Peregrine if my staying has to do with what went down at the tree, I am so sorry I promise it won't-" But she cut the blabbering boy off.

"No no Enoch, no need to be sorry. I approve, just as long as no funny business occurs in the presence of the younger ones. They may be decades old but their brains aren't developed enough to be... exposed to that sort of content."

Olivia and Enoch suddenly became flustered, speaking at the same time.

"Oh, no we aren't," "Oh no there is nothing going on,"

Miss Peregrine's smiled, but it quickly faded with the realization of the matter at hand.

"Olivia.." she began.

"I dislike being so morbid, and I didn't say this in front of the children, but I don't believe this is just another one of Horace's bad dreams."

Olivia worked to keep a calm composure, but a single tear had seemingly broken through her walls as it rolled down her cheek. Miss Peregrine reached her hand up to wipe it away.

"Don't cry my darling, we are going to do everything in our power to keep you and the rest of the children safe. That is why.. Enoch, you and Olivia will now be sharing a room. I sent Wyn upstairs with the intention of moving your bed into his room Olivia."

Just then a loud bang came from the upstairs hallway, the three turning their heads up to look at it's source.

"We're all good!" Came a small voice that Olivia only could assume was the strong girl's.

Her and Enoch turned back to Miss Peregrine, the situation causing her to let out a small giggle.

The mood then fell dark again.