Evening of Events

Olivia helped Emma do her chore of returning the squirrel to it's home in the tree, then headed over to the base of her favorite oak where Enoch read.

"Hey E," she spoke, though her mind was far from here.

"Hey," His nose never left his book.

She knew by this, that he was upset. He may come off as cold and distant to others, but never to her.

She walked over to where he sat, positioning herself right next to him as she slid down the tree's base, her eyes staring off into the distance.

"What's wrong?" She asked, very genuine in her tone.

Enoch refused to look at her, so he too settled his eyes on something in the distance.

"I'm fine," (Enoch)

Lies. He knew it, she knew it, but no one called it out.

Olivia turned to look at him but he refused to meet her eyes. He knew he couldn't lie to her face. His refusal to meet her eyes frustrated her however, so she took his head in her hands, twisting his face to meet hers. His eyes we a calming Hazel, and though he always tried to come off crass and harsh, his eyes told stories of childhood dreams and wishes, ones fighting to reach the surface but always getting smothered by the storm.

"Tell me"

He sighed. He couldn't lie to her now. Enoch forced his head away, allowing those Hazel eyes with stories to tell meet the shapes in the distance.

"I'm worried. His grandfather's visits brought on the death of Victor, so who is to say it won't bring on the death of another? Or worse, all of us?" Enoch was utterly terrified, and Olivia could sense that. Her emotional connection had grown so strong to him over the years that his strongest emotions could be felt lightly through her vest.

She didn't know what to say. She held his same fear, but expressing it would only worry him more. Instead, she did the one thing she could think of and leaned her head on his shoulder. His body initially tensed at the touch, but softened as time passed. 

"We will keep everyone safe, even if it means Jake is forced to permanently join the loop."

There was silence between the two, but it was far from awkward. It was comfortable and safe. Even though their fears of the worst were strong, that melted away when they shared sweet moments such as these. 

Enoch wrapped his arm around Olivia's shoulder, pulling her in closer so her head could rest on his chest. They were the most uptight of all the children in the home, but sometimes, even the strongest need a little break to be vulnerable. And so, they stayed like this, sleeping in the warmth of the evening sun that set in the distance, until dinner came and Claire was sent to wake them from their peaceful slumber.  

The seven year old lightly tapped Enoch on the shoulder. He stirred slightly, but upon noticing the beauty that was attached to half of his body, he got very still as to not disturb her. Looking back up at Claire, he put his free pointer finger over his lips as to tell Claire to keep this on the hush. She nodded her head excitedly, golden curls bouncing with her head bobs.

"We'll catch up. Go ahead and run on back," Enoch whispered.

Claire understood, and started skipping back to the home. Enoch just wanted more time with his sleeping beauty. 

Claire however, had other plans than keeping the information on the hush. The little girl went straight for the fiery red-head, tugging lightly on her green dress.

"What is it Claire?" (Olive said, looking down from the meat she had been heating up)

Claire motioned for her to bend down so she could talk in her ear.